Romanov

Russia opens case against the ICC and threatens to bomb it

9 posts in this topic

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-opens-criminal-case-against-icc-judges-prosecutor-over-putin-arrest-2023-03-20/

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-medvedev-icc-hypersonic-missile-putin-arrest-warrant-1788805

To me it looks like petty tit for tat. My question is, what were these warrants out for Putin going to achieve anyways? I think it makes the ICC look like a complete joke that even Russia doesn’t recognize its jurisdiction. What is the point of the ICC when its jurisdiction isn’t even recognized? This is a lot like the Edward Snowden case with countless warrants and charges against him. In reality, he wipes himself with these warrants and charges after using the restroom. Everyone knows a nuclear war has no winners. Everyone is just licking their wounds at this point. 

3608083F-E600-4F6E-8AC9-9D064987735A.jpeg

Edited by Romanov

1 hour ago, Romanov said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-opens-criminal-case-against-icc-judges-prosecutor-over-putin-arrest-2023-03-20/

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-medvedev-icc-hypersonic-missile-putin-arrest-warrant-1788805

To me it looks like petty tit for tat. My question is, what were these warrants out for Putin going to achieve anyways? I think it makes the ICC look like a complete joke that even Russia doesn’t recognize its jurisdiction. What is the point of the ICC when its jurisdiction isn’t even recognized? This is a lot like the Edward Snowden case with countless warrants and charges against him. In reality, he wipes himself with these warrants and charges after using the restroom. Everyone knows a nuclear war has no winners. Everyone is just licking their wounds at this point. 

3608083F-E600-4F6E-8AC9-9D064987735A.jpeg

Multiple reasons; This gives the Russian Leadership that opposes Putin the opportunity to overthrow him with the support of the U.N., Puts pressure on China and India to oppose Russia's actions, Gives reason to attack Russia.

You actually don't know if there won't be a winner of nuclear war, Russia has shown in Ukraine that their military technology is a joke. The u.s. supposedly has a 3 layer nuclear missile defense system.

Edited by Devin

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Multiple reasons; This gives the Russian Leadership that opposes Putin the opportunity to overthrow him with the support of the U.N., Puts pressure on China and India to oppose Russia's actions, Gives reason to attack Russia.

You actually don't know if there won't be a winner of nuclear war, Russia has shown in Ukraine that their military technology is a joke. The u.s. supposedly has a 3 layer nuclear missile defense system.

Russia supposedly has hypersonic missiles along with China, something the U.S. is behind in. Even though Russian military is a joke, the West has to be careful about their involvement in Ukraine or it will go from proxy war to hot war which is why many western countries are reluctant on what sort of aid to send to Ukraine. The U.S. has said before that it’s primary defense method against nuclear attacks is deterrence, meaning that we are only going to fire back what we’ve got as we’re getting leveled by other’s nuclear missiles. 

I wouldn’t trust a single thing the U.S. or Russia says either. They’re both superpowers looking to preserve themselves, so propaganda is at the forefront of both. 

Edited by Romanov

33 minutes ago, Romanov said:

Russia supposedly has hypersonic missiles along with China, something the U.S. is behind in. Even though Russian military is a joke, the West has to be careful about their involvement in Ukraine or it will go from proxy war to hot war which is why many western countries are reluctant on what sort of aid to send to Ukraine. The U.S. has said before that it’s primary defense method against nuclear attacks is deterrence, meaning that we are only going to fire back what we’ve got as we’re getting leveled by other’s nuclear missiles. 

I wouldn’t trust a single thing the U.S. or Russia says either. They’re both superpowers looking to preserve themselves, so propaganda is at the forefront of both. 

Russia only has 8 of those, missile speed is not what the u.s. would need they have a real missile defense system, russia and china don't.

People have an image of apocalypse when they think nuclear war, but a lot of u.s. military infrastructure is underground and protected from nuclear war, and there's no benefit in bombing civilian population centers.

Department of Defense (.gov)

https://www.defense.gov › Article

U.S. Successfully Conducts SM-3 Block IIA Intercept Test Against an ...

Nov 17, 2020 — We have demonstrated that an Aegis BMD-equipped vessel equipped with the SM-3 Block IIA missile can defeat an ICBM-class target, which is

Edited by Devin

I've actually done work at military manufacturing facilities, and they even have underground infrastructure for this.

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Russia only has 8 of those, missile speed is not what the u.s. would need they have a real missile defense system, russia and china don't.

People have an image of apocalypse when they think nuclear war, but a lot of u.s. military infrastructure is underground and protected from nuclear war, and there's no benefit in bombing civilian population centers.

Department of Defense (.gov)

https://www.defense.gov › Article

U.S. Successfully Conducts SM-3 Block IIA Intercept Test Against an ...

Nov 17, 2020 — We have demonstrated that an Aegis BMD-equipped vessel equipped with the SM-3 Block IIA missile can defeat an ICBM-class target, which is

I did hear something of the underground missile system known as the “nuclear sponge”. 

In any case, if we are so confident Russia wouldn’t win in a nuclear war, then there should be no hesitation imposing a no-fly zone in Ukraine. These U.S. generals wouldn’t be saying that “there are no winners in a nuclear war” on TV. If the West was so confident it could win, then it wouldn’t be squandering so much in this conflict at Ukraine’s expense. 

I could just imagine Russian officials laughing at the ICC’s arrest warrants. “Dimitri! Open up case against the ICC and pour me another shot of vodka!” And regarding putting pressure on China, the U.S. media was having a mental breakdown over potential Chinese aid to Russia via weapons. What’s the U.S. going to do? Withdraw its McDonalds and Subways from China as well? 

Saying there’s only 8 hypersonic missiles in Russia doesn’t sound like a secret the CIA would keep nor would the U.S. government tell us exactly what its defense is comprised of. And even if a select individuals know, you can be sure they swore an oath to not divulge such information to the general public. 

Edited by Romanov

40 minutes ago, Romanov said:

I did hear something of the underground missile system known as the “nuclear sponge”. 

In any case, if we are so confident Russia wouldn’t win in a nuclear war, then there should be no hesitation imposing a no-fly zone in Ukraine. These U.S. generals wouldn’t be saying that “there are no winners in a nuclear war” on TV. If the West was so confident it could win, then it wouldn’t be squandering so much in this conflict at Ukraine’s expense. 

I could just imagine Russian officials laughing at the ICC’s arrest warrants. “Dimitri! Open up case against the ICC and pour me another shot of vodka!” And regarding putting pressure on China, the U.S. media was having a mental breakdown over potential Chinese aid to Russia via weapons. What’s the U.S. going to do? Withdraw its McDonalds and Subways from China as well? 

Saying there’s only 8 hypersonic missiles in Russia doesn’t sound like a secret the CIA would keep nor would the U.S. government tell us exactly what its defense is comprised of. And even if a select individuals know, you can be sure they swore an oath to not divulge such information to the general public. 

I actually mean military bases and storage are underground, not just the nukes.

We don't play the nuke card cause it has repercussions, obviously it would cause the rest of the world to unite against us out of almost pure necessity. You have to allow other nations great freedom, you can't play the nuke card for every disagreement. All nations should know they need to fight for themselves including Ukraine v. Russia, U.S. playing the nuke card would signify world domination, not good.

The West is China's largest customer, they can cut China off like they did Russia. They don't need China, China is the west's slave colony.

Edited by Devin