Yimpa

Exploring my dreams

1 post in this topic

I started intentionally becoming aware of my dreams two nights ago, as well as created a dream journal. So far, I’m amazed at the results.

Stuff that I’m dealing with in what we traditionally consider the “real world” translates over into the “dream world”. The difference is that in a dream state, things are much more fluid; you start experiencing things you couldn’t otherwise (closest thing from my experience would be psychedelic trips). I’m not just talking about some crazy visuals or morphing into a different creature, it could simply just be experiencing emotions that you otherwise suppress in the “real world”.

For example, I was able to explore how anger works in one of my dream. I felt like a lion who was protecting his land… I felt like nobody could fuck with me. But there was also compassion and an ability to let anger go.

One thing I learned from that dream: ya’ll who were bashing Leo last week don’t realize that Leo is you. Even realizing this, say, 5% is a big step. Don’t underestimate that, but also don’t be complacent! Go experience anger for yourself, consciously, and see what happens. 

Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg of what you can explore in dreams; that’s why I can’t wait to dive deeper! Does anyone else have experience exploring dreams? I’d love to hear your perspective and any tips you have.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI