alyra

Revitalizing

2 posts in this topic

there are times often when I feel "just done" and if I take a short break it helps. I think it is something to do with the brain using up a certain something and then we are worn out because were using the mental resources. idk. any suggestions about what I can eat or drink which can help refresh my body's reserves? I am not even sure how to start to research this. and so I ask for advice because I'd pretty much not commit resources to figuring it out at this time, unless I had some good tips. so I'm not looking for any deep insights here, just like... what is it that you often eat or drink that picks you up? 

I like coconut water, for example. I feel guilty if I buy a lot of it tho so I don't! but when I do buy it it is always a huge pickup emotionally and energy-wise. 

orange juice was also something I used to love, but I don't anymore becuase it's soo high in sugar and I used to prettymuch consume sugar all day so OJ is too potent for me anymore xD

Try to get as close to "living food" as possible. Te refresh your body and energy reserves, you want to avoid anything processed sweetened, fat or generally hard to digest. A

So although this might sound a bit old-fashioned, a rich bowl of veggies is your best bet. 

+ green leafy and cruciferous veggies ( broccoli, kale, spinach) 
+ legumes 
+ mushrooms ( make sure you pre-cook them) 
+ onions
+ seeds ( a mix of flax seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds) - soften in water for 60 minutes and than put on top of your salad
+ nuts - make sure you avoid cashew and all fried and salted and chocolate ones. 

Drink only pure water, filtered. Don't overeat on fruit, it has lots of vitamins and phytochemicals but fructose is not very beneficial for human body when overly consumed. 

If you are really into this stuff you can try to look into sprouting and sprout juicing. Presumably this is the healthiest food there is but it is quite difficult to source if you don't have a garden. Haven't tried myself yet, so no personal experience. Suggest you'd do your research on this. 

However your lack of energy could do with lack of general motivation and unhappiness? That is a completely different discussion though. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus