Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex4

Should your job be tied to your life purpose?

3 posts in this topic

I recently discovered my life porpuse which I don't know how to materialize it to align it with my job/career. I currently have a corporate career that I like and I'm good at but it's not my passion, it's not something I would do for free, far from it.
My purpose by the way is to live according to my values, trying to be a good example to my community. It is very influenced by stoicism which is a philosophy I read daily.

Do you think I should make an extra effort to find a more concrete purpose and thus align it with my work? I'm thinking of doing the life porpuse course for the second time.

What do you think? Could you give me examples of your life porpuse plus how do you make a living from it?

It depends.

If you want your LP to become your main source of income, getting more specificity is needed so that you can figure out a way to either get an alternative job in line with your LP or to start some form of entrepreneurship

But your LP doesn't need to be your main income source. If you are happy having your corpo job on the side, the you don't need to monetize it. 

But eventually, to maximise your happiness and life fulfilment, the earlier later than later is going to be more relevant to you

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

6 hours ago, Alex4 said:

Do you think I should make an extra effort to find a more concrete purpose and thus align it with my work? I'm thinking of doing the life porpuse course for the second time.

I can't comment on your question related to life purpose as I myself am pretty new to the corporate world. However, I would say you go through the life purpose course the second time - maybe in between, you learned something and Leo's LP course may give you novel insights.