TheGodhead

Anyone work in Cloud Development?

8 posts in this topic

I graduated a while ago with an engineering degree but decided I wanted to go into software. I've build some fullstack MERN projects but having trouble standing out from the rest of the entry-level crowd. Will brushing up on Java + getting some AWS certs help me out? I got my Certified Cloud Practitioner recently and am studying for the Solutions Architect Associate Cert. Anyone who works in this field want to talk about how they got into it?

1 hour ago, TheGodhead said:

Will brushing up on Java + getting some AWS certs help me out?

Sure thing!

1 hour ago, TheGodhead said:

Anyone who works in this field want to talk about how they got into it?

Ultra new in the business. Applying for Citadel. Patent office.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

The father of a friend of mine was on Bill Gates' Team Microsoft in the early 90's. #14 on the worlds richest list. 3.7 Billion Dollars self treasure.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

5 minutes ago, Eternal Unity said:

Sure thing!

Ultra new in the business. Applying for Citadel. Patent office.

Thanks! So you do Cloud stuff for Citadel? Can you describe some of the tasks you might do during a busy week?

Programming mostly. I read a lot of legal contracts. Cross referencing various sources. Executive board meetings. Protocol guy - next week's assignment. Write codes - tha't cool :)

19 minutes ago, Eternal Unity said:

Programming mostly. I read a lot of legal contracts. Cross referencing various sources. Executive board meetings. Protocol guy - next week's assignment. Write codes - tha't cool :)

Can you be more specific? What sorts of stuff do you program?

4 hours ago, TheGodhead said:

What sorts of stuff do you program?

I just a student. I have a boss that teaches me the work, very new to this, 3 week old job. We're gonna program software. Smartphone apps.

Nailed the final test: I am officialy self supporting independent business. Not the programming stuff - they took someone with 140+ IQ for that.

Manpower manager, Citadel.