Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SharingKnowledge

Best way to use Rapéh (Snuff)

4 posts in this topic

I haven't tried Rapé before but I've got some on the way and wanted to hear about people's experiences with it.

How were you best able to use it? (for maximizing health, enlightenment and comfort to some extent)

Rapé,  also called by the Yawanawa and Huni-Kuin tribe by the name Rumã is not exactly to enlightenment. 

Before anything, remember that it contains Nicotine, so although some people say like " Oh, I stoped smoking, now I use tabaco as the real way to use"  they are simply bullshiting thenselfs and rationalizing the new sacred addiction.

So, use it but with intention and moderation. 

For me personaly make no sense to use it out of ceremonial space and if I dont have ayahuasca in my body. Rapé is meant to be used in union with Ayahuasca,  the amazonian call Ayahuasca  "Uni" , so Uni and Rumã form a good pair. Uni they say is the enchanter, and is clear to see why, you have vision and can get high on it. Sometimes one get to high and Rapé is used to ground the person in the body, and of course this ground can cause vomit, so Rapé  is used to induce the vomit is case the person is having difficulty to release. But there are cases where the medicine is not manifesting and a good blow of Rapé  from a healer can open the medicine and instead  of ground the person will start to have visions. In my view is like the Rapé work as a exciter of the ayahuasca, like when you stick a snake with a stick. 

Is you will use out of ceremony I recomend to use only at nigth before sleep , as they say "to have good dreams". Is good to take a good bath, clean the nose well before use Rapé otherwise you will blow the dirt stuff together with the Rapé. 

Pay attention to not do it when you have your belly full of food, you may purge. I did it before a nice bow of porrige and I wasted the porrige.

If you do it many times during the day you will feel lazy and without libido, in other words" so grounded that you even lack creativity" think of rape as the oposite of Weed, weed give you ideias and have an airy spirit, is a flower. Tabaco is a bush that no bug can eat, is a pesticide, in you nose it work as a cleaner of thoughts. When the indians serve it they say that is to clear the mind, the virus thoughts. 

So, better use not so much.

Be aware to keep it aways closed in a container where no humididy enter,otherwise is will lose the potency.

Also wash your hands before use and make sure is very dry. Blow in both noses the same quantity and wait it to run by itself, dont try to clean before you feel it running down with mucous from both nostrils. 

If you use to much you can reach a point that the Rapé stop running out. Is like you had ruined the natural way you nose produce mucus. This is my experience. I stoped with Rapé because I felt was not making sense anyome to do something without clear intention. In a way we should do nothing just because. I have ayahuasca, iboga,Bufo,San Pedro and Kambo with me but I rarely use. This are medicines. Use if you feel there is a sickness you need to heal. 

On 2/8/2023 at 5:26 PM, Rafael Thundercat said:

Rapé,  also called by the Yawanawa and Huni-Kuin tribe by the name Rumã is not exactly to enlightenment. 

Before anything, remember that it contains Nicotine, so although some people say like " Oh, I stoped smoking, now I use tabaco as the real way to use"  they are simply bullshiting thenselfs and rationalizing the new sacred addiction.

So, use it but with intention and moderation. 

For me personaly make no sense to use it out of ceremonial space and if I dont have ayahuasca in my body. Rapé is meant to be used in union with Ayahuasca,  the amazonian call Ayahuasca  "Uni" , so Uni and Rumã form a good pair. Uni they say is the enchanter, and is clear to see why, you have vision and can get high on it. Sometimes one get to high and Rapé is used to ground the person in the body, and of course this ground can cause vomit, so Rapé  is used to induce the vomit is case the person is having difficulty to release. But there are cases where the medicine is not manifesting and a good blow of Rapé  from a healer can open the medicine and instead  of ground the person will start to have visions. In my view is like the Rapé work as a exciter of the ayahuasca, like when you stick a snake with a stick. 

Is you will use out of ceremony I recomend to use only at nigth before sleep , as they say "to have good dreams". Is good to take a good bath, clean the nose well before use Rapé otherwise you will blow the dirt stuff together with the Rapé. 

Pay attention to not do it when you have your belly full of food, you may purge. I did it before a nice bow of porrige and I wasted the porrige.

If you do it many times during the day you will feel lazy and without libido, in other words" so grounded that you even lack creativity" think of rape as the oposite of Weed, weed give you ideias and have an airy spirit, is a flower. Tabaco is a bush that no bug can eat, is a pesticide, in you nose it work as a cleaner of thoughts. When the indians serve it they say that is to clear the mind, the virus thoughts. 

So, better use not so much.

Be aware to keep it aways closed in a container where no humididy enter,otherwise is will lose the potency.

Also wash your hands before use and make sure is very dry. Blow in both noses the same quantity and wait it to run by itself, dont try to clean before you feel it running down with mucous from both nostrils. 

If you use to much you can reach a point that the Rapé stop running out. Is like you had ruined the natural way you nose produce mucus. This is my experience. I stoped with Rapé because I felt was not making sense anyome to do something without clear intention. In a way we should do nothing just because. I have ayahuasca, iboga,Bufo,San Pedro and Kambo with me but I rarely use. This are medicines. Use if you feel there is a sickness you need to heal. 

Thanks for such a great response! I've never had a nicotine addiction and don't smoke so we're good on that front, I was planning mostly to experiment with it with various psychedelics (and maybe even other hallucinogens like ketamine, etc) and see if it produces similar results as people describe with ayahuasca.

Like any other substance I will treat it with the upmost respect, you don't trip hundreds of times and not learn the importance of that :D