Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Good example of a logician personality reviewing FF7 remake.

4 posts in this topic

I have mixed feelings about this critique and review of FF7 remake, here it is:

It makes me feel sad that if this persona he's presenting, is half true for his general life he lives, or I'm hoping most of it is just over performance of acting. It makes me feel like he's the Dark Knight geeky Bat Man of video games, reviewing this video made by a Tatsuya Nomura, aka the cashew ya flavored tempura who made Kingdom Hearts.

What ya'll think and feel about this FF7 Remake? I played it, and I ain't feelin the game for the most part. Maybe I expected it to be a faithful adaptation like Resident Evil 1 remaster or something?

Was the decisions made to make this game informed by society and the current culture of Japan or USA?

To contrast the objectivist, scientific, rationalist biased review/critique of FF7 remake, here's a more fun, more right brained, intuitive, emotional and probably holistic review and critic of the game and it's developers?:

I love how deeply biased and preferential human beings are, some can make great content, albeit sometimes negatively but that's bias.

10 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

To contrast the objectivist, scientific, rationalist biased review/critique of FF7 remake, here's a more fun, more right brained, intuitive, emotional and probably holistic review and critic of the game and it's developers?:

I love how deeply biased and preferential human beings are, some can make great content, albeit sometimes negatively but that's bias.

Actually some metaphors here are very nice, and intuitively fits with the weaknesses of this game. I feel very sorry for those who wished for a faithful adaptation of this game. So many lessons on business culture corruption, social expectations, false advertising and marketing and promotion, political takes and epistemic issues with how the game was made, how it delivers, among other metaphysical issues.

I know it's a piece of fiction, but I disliked how they represented the main protagonists, how they concentrated too much on second characters the original placed little importance on, and caricatures of the antagonists. Is it really that hard to rewrite a story's character themes and story plot? Is it that hard to use multiple story outlines to structure all relevant story events? That hard fleshing out characters? That hard to try to humanize and make antagonists fucking relatable and feel slightly sympathetic, without resorting to straw mans of these antagonists as antagonists are the life force of every narrative fiction? My bias and preferences, but I love writing and story telling, and developing characters and story plots. I've spent 100s of hours researching other authors' story outlines and how they portray themes through characters and so on. Is it really hard to create another Star Wars with solid story and character plot, and make it more like Legends of the Galactic Heroes?

Tangent, I also found it a bit cringe and disturbing how many let's players and live streamers side with Cloud and Avalanche while killing Shinra soldiers and other enemies, I mean they do realize they're working for a terrorist group? Pretty strong cognitive dissonance and mental gymnastics to justify why a player and live streamer choosing to side with them over Shinra soldiers and civilians, it's a work of mental gymnastics to pull off. 

OMG, this video just decontextualized how I see FF7 Remake:

Pop culture and cultural zeitgeist and popularity, as well as excess stage orange business pursuit of profits over creativity (SQUARE and Enix were two companies, but in April 2003 they merged to become SQUARE Enix, and worked on spin offs of FF7 and other FF titles, as well as struck a deal with Disney for the Kingdom Hearts series, plus more spin offs. More spin offs=more profits, damn the quality and original vision).