jes

How To Be Egoless

5 posts in this topic

What are techniques to become egoless, I have realized, my life has a cycle 

first I will be weak ego then in maintaining that it's getting weaker. And when I realized that I am under the spell of my weaker ego I fulfill my basic needs to make my ego happy and some how it becomes stronger. But both of these conditions when I'm under weak ego or stronger ego. 

I have another thing to discuss is that 

I am surrounded my people who are very defensive.

how to survive in such defensive environment. 

Where my own ego feeds himself very well. 

Help me please 

Be kind to yourself and others, travel through life as light as possible, and the walls will soften with time.

crumbling-wall1.jpg

@jes Don't make that newbie mistake. Ego is very useful. Its the operating system for the body.

You don't need to destroy it, you need to transcend it.

How? By abiding in Self (aka higher self or pure consciousness or witness that you are essentially).

How to do that? First realize what you are, rest follows.

How to realize it? Self-enquiry. Or join any other path or a good teacher of your liking. This forum is full of advise about all its aspect. Learn it, practice it, apply it.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

3 hours ago, jes said:

Help me please 

Let them be whatever they're going to be, but watch your own reactions to them. Mostly, our reactions are just conditioning or programming that is unconscious. So, each time you "catch" yourself doing an unconscious reaction, inquire into why you reacted the way you did. Bring awareness/presence into normal  daily activities. You will get better at bringing "awareness" or "presence" to situations "prior" to the reaction. Therefore, watching the situation unfold and speaking/acting consciously vs being controlled by your conditioning/programming from the past.

Also, the ego need not and can not be destroyed. It can only be seen as unreal and not who you truly are, therefore trancended. It can go from an immature to a mature ego though, one that knows it's place, so to speak.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 hours ago, jes said:

What are techniques to become egoless, I have realized, my life has a cycle 

first I will be weak ego then in maintaining that it's getting weaker. And when I realized that I am under the spell of my weaker ego I fulfill my basic needs to make my ego happy and some how it becomes stronger. But both of these conditions when I'm under weak ego or stronger ego. 

Help me please 

Make a list of 10 things that are not ego.