Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Creating Exquisite Balance in Life

2 posts in this topic

Exquisite Balance

We live in a world which is greatly out of balance. We have mental health epidemics, political issues all around the world, religions which no longer serve their original purposes, businesses failing every day, leaders who lack integrity, uneducated and unhealthy people, various ideologies and viruses which have taken hold of a great deal of the population.  Let's contemplate many of the areas of human life:

1. Business
  2. Personal life
  3. Mental Health
  4. Spirituality
  5. Power and electricity
  6. Resources
  7. Relationships
  8. Finances
  9. Community
  10. Politics
  11. Education
  12. Nutrition
  13. Ecology
  14. Habits
  15. Epistemology and world view 
  16. The quality of our nervous system organs, etc
  17. Social Systems
  18. Infrastructure
  19. Polices, Laws, regulations

Each of these areas requires balance. When they become out of balance this causes many problems for the individual and the collective. Each of these areas of life is happening at once. To fully appreciate how difficult it is to balance these complex systems for the individual and the collective one must begin to study systems thinking. A Balancing act is taking place on earth at all points in time. I think there are many life purposes to be made, and lots of money to be earned by solving many of the worlds issues that are leading to this lack of balance on the planet. 

Let's begin to contemplate what balance is in our personal lives:

1. Relationships
  2. Finances
  3. Home and work environment
  4. Learning and education
  5. Rest and recovery
  6. Business/ career/ life purpose
  7. etc

Here is a list of 10 questions you can ask yourself in your contemplations to begin contemplating how to bring more balance to your personal life. I will not be providing questions about the larger systems we are apart of in this post. 

1.  What areas of my life are currently out of balance?
  2. What areas of my life do I need to bring more conscious, awareness and critical thinking towards?
  3. How are my finances lacking balance? How can I learn more about personal finance?
  4. If I am having depression, anxiety, and emotional difficulties what is leading to this imbalance? (Mind, body, spirit, environment)
  5. Am I in balance with my development and what I am trying to achieve?
  6. I am balancing theory and practice/ direct experience?
  7. How can I balance my body's need for rest and recovery with my desire for work, education, socializing and fun time?
  8. How is my home environment in or out of balance? is it clean or messy? Organized or disorganized? How can I bring more balance to this area.
  9. How is my world view balanced? Am I aware of my biases? How my mind interprets reality? am I epistemologically responsible?
  10. What would an exquisite balance in all areas of my life look like? How valuable is that if I made it a reality?  
Edited by Thought Art
Proof reading typos and misspelled words

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

Also meta-balance! The balance of being balanced vs unbalanced. Sometimes unbalances are okay and part of a larger balance.