Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalForest

Actualized.org Episode 7 - "The Most Interesting Problem in Philosophy" - Discussion

4 posts in this topic

Don't spam these. I think it's good you share them maybe.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Don't spam these. I think it's good you share them maybe.

I've only been posting one per day. I just missed a couple days so I posted a few at once.

A mostly philosophical episode, focusing on the concept of qualia. The dialogue begins with this question: if you took a blind man who has been blind his whole life and suddenly gave him vision, would he be able to tell the difference between a cube and a sphere visually, purely based on his experience touching them throughout his life? Another question: even though we may technically be looking at the same color "red", could the red that you see possibly be a bit different than mine? We both agree on the label "red", but the actual color we're seeing associated with that label could be different from a subjective point of view. The only way to tell would be to do some sort of brain transplant or merging of the minds. Another interesting concept brought up was the idea of the human mind being a machine that often goes on auto pilot without us realizing, stressing the importance of snapping ourselves out of the program once in a while and actually being aware of what we're doing. Fascinating episode.