Jenkins

Addiction, neurotism and career path questions

3 posts in this topic

I'm 24, I'm a very extroverted person, and currently I have a very high neurotism level, spiced up with a slight possibility of psychotic episodes.

I worked in customer support type of jobs where I broke records in every company I went to so far.

Previously I was ceo of a laboratory devices company which was passed on to me, however I had to quit it because I didn't accept to be corrupted at the time (I am not corrupted yet either), legal and health systems are a joke in Romania. 

Now I'm going through weed withdrawal.

Wanted to start to learn how to code, yet withdrawal makes it too difficult to keep progress, so I wanted to ask you what should I do?

1. Get a easier mentally job until I'm stable

Or

2. Let withdrawal run it's course and think about a job after I'm well

I lost the $50k I acquired so far during my timeline gambling last months.

However for 1 to 6 months I could borrow money from friends, and I would gladly pay them back once I'm well. I have a few who offered already.

I refuse to mix friends and business together.

I am prone to burnout as I usually keep going at a task until it's either done or I am, and this seriously backfires sometimes, however it also brought me great respect and accomplishments.

In regards to my mental health I started going to therapy, as I have found out once before that it's very effective for me (more than drugs, yet also those gave me great insights).

Also, besides my primary question, if you have anything which might be helpful for me to hear, I'm all ears :) thank you for your time reading this and sorry if I'm too long / not too coherent at times

Its been a while, hows life? :)

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral I got a job which has a salary increase of around 50% than my previous one, will start next week. Now I'm going with some of my relatives to celebrate Easter. There will be no weed and hopefully a gap of 4 or 5 days will help me muster the distance to quit it. I'm a little disappointed that the addiction is still lingering, however I'm still fighting it. 

Besides that, I'm planning to enjoy summer, invest the extra cash in therapy, eating healthy, exercising, going to clubs, festivals and enjoying time with friends.

At fall I plan on start growing. Until then, recovery, relaxation and getting into a good kind of homeostasis, with positive stuff, circumstances and people around :)

Hope you are well.