Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shin

Quick Epistemology Exercice

1 post in this topic

Very simple and quick exercice (30 minutes).

Just ask yourself, what you truly know about life in general, and be really precise about how you know these things.

Here is what I got:

The things that I don't know:

I am born: I only know that through my parents, I never saw my birth certificate nor any pictures of it, and even if I did, it would just be a paper and a picture -> That's a thought.

I'm going to die: Apparently, science tell you that a certain point you'll die, but I never saw people die except on TV, and even if I did, I'll only see a body which couldn't move anymore, what about the mind/spirit/consciousness -> That's thoughts/assumptions.

The sun exist: I can see it, and I can feel its warm -> But right now, yeah, it's a thought !

The moon exist: I can see it -> Same thing :3

What is reality: I couldn't even answer to this question, the only thing that happened was me starring at the room trying to find an answer ^^

The things I know:

Other living beings exist: I can see them and I can touch them, I also can interact with them. I can't know what they are thinking about, nor does how it feels to experience life as their body/mind, therefore I don't know if I'm the only conscious being alive, It feels like I'm the only one.

Logic/rationalization is limited: I remember all the times I thought I was right, with lots of arguments to back me up, and everytime I was wrong in the end, or it always felt that the truth was slipping through my fingers.

I am not my thoughts and my emotions: I can dissociate myself from them, and I can feel space around them, therefore I cannot be them.

I want to know the truth: That's what my intuition is telling me to do, and I have no clue what intuition is, other than a weird knowing that I have to do certain things without knowing why.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them