Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

The Illusion of control of the Ego, and why thought does not equal Intelligence

1 post in this topic

One of the most common reasons of people trying to achieve Enlightment - Awakening and not succeeding is usually the problem with thought attachment.

Usually people will experience a Psychedelic trip or Spiritual State via any method where Awareness its deeply activated and realized, but, the problem usually is that people can not maintain this state for more than a few hours.

You might say "But that's because the psychedelic is wearing off, thus why sober Awakening its for life". 

Well no, this experience of "losing awareness" also happens in Awakenings achieved via 'sober methods'. 

The problem is not the method from which you activated/Awoken Awareness, the problem is the believe that thought attachment is useful.

After some time not letting Awareness attach itself to thoughts, and enjoying that freedom, eventually pops a thought of fear, subtly communicating to Awareness: "If you don't attach to me, then I can't control your life (survival), you need me in order to control x, y and z". Awareness believes this fear of thought, and of course, back to the ego.

So the issue is not that you can't be Enlightened. Enlightened is very easy, you can focus on the Awareness on your legs for the rest of your life and ignore your mind. That's it. That easy. But will you do it? Of course not, because after some hours you will believe that thought is useful and you need it, so you will abandon Free Awareness and bondage yourself again.

Its ignorance, because Ego is memory and repetition, true Intelligence its of Awareness. If you just stay aware of your legs, Awareness will decide when listen (not attach) to certain thought stories, in order to think and plan stuff. But that will be automatic. There will be no attachment or bondage, just using the mind as you use as screwdriver. Just when it's needed, nothing more nothing less.