Jannes

Thoughts and insights

92 posts in this topic

You can’t escape the music: 

There are things we do just for the sake of doing them, like eating good food, listening to music, dancing, protected sex, and everything we enjoy doing just for its own sake. 
Then we say there are things that have to be done because they have a practical purpose like working, planning your life, buying groceries, doing taxes, …
But why do we do these things? We do these things to effort the time and resources to do things that we do for their own sake. So in reality people who say they are really purpose driven are actually living up the meaningslessness the most. Unfortunately often they don’t see the beginning and end of why they do what they do and therefore think that their way of living really is something serious. 

Edited by Jannes

Beautiful Quote:

tout comprendre, c'est tout pardonner
to understand all is to forgive all

Co-existing egos:

The ego prefers some things over other things. On the most fundamental level my ego prefers life over death. If I was the only ego this wouldn't hurt anyone because the hurt of others only come if they also have preferences and our preferences collide and can't both be satisfied at the same time. But things themself are little egos. A shoe is a little ego because it is preferring to be a shoe rather then a pig. So the ego can only co-function with other egos. If there weren't other egos there wouldn't be things to prefer because nothing would exist.

What is logic?

We use the word logic all the time. In our western civilization we even say that the ability to reason is one of the defining characteristics that set us apart from animals. But what is logic? Lets take an example of something logical. The street got wet because it rained. That's logical. What is logical about it? It connected two events in a logical way. The rain wetted the street. Something illogical would be: The street got wet because it was a dry sunny day. What is illogical about it? That street can't get wet from a dry sunny day because it needs wetness to become wet and not dryness. So these events can't logically be connected. But all of this only works because we already have assumptions/ storys of how the world works. We can find an even clearer example in math. 2 plus 2 is 4 is logical but 2 plus 2 is 6 is illogical. The reason why the first one is logical and the second one is not is because we already said that the first one is right and the second one is wrong. So being logical means being connected with a conceptual truth. But conceptual truth is not reality. Reality entails conceptual truth and not the other way around. Science might make that claim but that is false. Science only makes observations and concepts of the real world and from that makes predictions of how the real world behaves. But they only have their concept of the real world in their hand and not actually the real word. Their predictions are of course pretty accurate but that doesn't mean that they are the truth (real world). So reality has to be bigger then logic because logic is part of a description of reality and not reality itself. 

Furthermore it is very possible to be conscious of parts of reality that are very different from our default state of reality. We will have problems to make sense of these states of reality. They can even be illogical because they don't fit the framework that we built. That doesn't mean that they are untrue though. Logic (our conceptual understanding of reality) just needs to expand to capture these states as well. 

Edited by Jannes

If there is black and white and you take white away black will split itself in black and white because black is only existing through the contrast of white. Explain black without saying the opposite of white or brightness? You can't. 

Brains:

Razaard wrote an example against materialism a while back and for some reason I didn't understand it back then but now I do. So the example is this:
A person could in theory cut parts of his skull open to uncover his brain and still survive. This person could look in the mirror and see his physical brain. Materialism tells us that it is the physical world, in particular brains which gave rise to consciousness. So if something OUTSIDE of consciousness is responsible for creating consciousness how can it (the brain) be IN consciousness? Or is the brain as we see it (as consciousness) different from the actual (physical) brain? But what is the actual physical world then? It would be a world that couldn't be thought about because as soon as it is thought about it is part of consciousness.

There aren't any "things" in the real world. The real world is exclusively made out of experienceable qualities. 

So truth is an experienceable quality of reality.

It's not "1 plus 1 equals 2", because that's not the real part, that's just black forms on white background. The real part is the experienceable quality truth.

You now that you understand a persons behavior completely when you realize that you would behave exactly the same way if you were in their shoes. 

Anything away from that, anything "but still would have acted differently in that situation." is ego, is illusion. 

It's like 5 to 7 months ago when I first got my first small insight into god. A few days ago I remembered some of it again. I remembered how my hairy leg looked like through gods glasses. Golden, noble, like a lion mane shimmering at sunrise. It was so clear, so true that this leg was made out of god. No earthy material could ever touch the majesty of god. 

It's like the insights of these trips worked through me for all these months. 

Edited by Jannes

I sometimes felt the sensation of weird energies that I couldn’t really name. I don’t know what they are or why I experienced them. What I could say though was that they felt pretty "real“. Some things feel more real then others and those energy felt pretty real.
In my mind I just had the picture of myself doing push-ups the other day. This picture (with the felt effort in the muscles) was the basis for the weird sensation I just felt. I could only connect the weird sensation with the push-up because I just saw it directly happening. If not they were no chance I could connect the dots. I experienced it like a black hole sucking in the experience into its essence. This observation was really hard to catch because it happened on a really sensitive level. I hope I can make this observation again.

Hate reveals love

The purpose of evil and devilry is to find out what things are about at the core. If people manage to move through or not move through tragedies you can see what they are really about at the core. How much love do they have to sustain themselves..

I love this picture of the last of us because it perfectly captures how hate is actually love. All the hate in her body is perfectly correlated to the love that was taken away from her. In her hate you can see the love the clearest.

But reality is made in such a way that this hate can only be experienced authentically. You actually have to hate. You can’t see that hate is beautiful if you never hated.

Notiz 24.04.2023 (2).pdf

What is a women?

Well there is the biological meat suit of a women.

But that's not what a women is in political correct terms. Because a biological men can be a women.

So a women is characterized by her traits. 

But it's wrong to say that a women is a person with such and such traits because that's greatly limiting. If I say a women is a person that is charming, empathic, emotional, caring, .. well are people who don't resemble these traditional traits not women? Of course not they can also be women. 

So a women is not her body and not her traits. So a women is an empty set like in mathematics where a set without any elements in it is still a set, the empty set. 

You could make the objection and say that just every person who identifies as a women is a women. That answers the question formally but not existentially because there is something an individual has to identify as. When the person identifies as a women they actually identify with something and not an empty set. 

Here is my definition of what a women is: "A person who identifies as a women is a women. What being a women means for the individual is completely subjective and there is no objective consensus and what being a women entails. 

Edited by Jannes

This is a really interesting question I recently wondered about. 

How is it possible that you can explain different parts of reality by referring to analogies? 

Some examples:

- A complete idiot will say some right things on accident just by mere chance -> A broken watch is right twice a day. 

- This old guys forehead is as wrinkled as a corn on the cob

- You are as fat as an elephant 

- You are as tender as a water strider running on water

- You are as stunning as a peacock opening his wings

- She left him a foreign egg

- You think as fast as a calculator

- Getting fucked in the ass is like shitting backwards 

- An animated guy -> he is cooking

By being able to explain one part of reality with another part, these parts of reality have to be connected in some way. The connection can be very direct or very abstract. 

Edited by Jannes

When we become more conscious things get recontextualized from things to being.

Red -> being red

Sentence -> being sentence

joy -> being joy

atoms -> being atoms

Because in fantasy there are things, in reality there is only being. 

Asleep = things 

Awake = being 

Although things are still being-things even exactly when we are not conscious that things are being-things, because that illusory quality of not seeing that is also being. Delusion is being. Delusion-that-being-is-not-being-being (lol)!

Edited by Jannes

What you do is greatly affecting how you feel about yourself not just because when you get your ass up you beat your own bastard and all that kind of stuff but because you literally have a relationship with yourself. If you do good things for yourself you do good things for yourself. Sometimes that's not so obvious when we are lost in following other peoples expectations. I just continued my LP course and it felt like I was giving myself an intimate hug. 

21 hours ago, Jannes said:

When we become more conscious things get recontextualized from things to being.

Red -> being red

Sentence -> being sentence

joy -> being joy

atoms -> being atoms

Because in fantasy there are things, in reality there is only being. 

Asleep = things 

Awake = being 

Although things are still being-things even exactly when we are not conscious that things are being-things, because that illusory quality of not seeing that is also being. Delusion is being. Delusion-that-being-is-not-being-being (lol)!

What does that mean though? How can we always be connected with being (because being connected with illusion, that being is not being experienced is also being as described before) but be disconnected from it? How can we be "not-be“? Or on the other hand how can we connect with something we are already connected with or in other words realize something we in a sense already realize!?

Predictability

Animals are very predictable in their behavior which means they are pretty consistent.

Humans on the other hand are a lot harder to predict.

Jean-Paul Sartre goes so far in comparing animal and human that he says the following.

for humans: existence precedes essence 
for animals: essence precedes existence

Meaning that it's clear what an animal will do if it is put into the world. If you put a lion into the savanna there is just one thing which it could decide to do which is doing lion stuff. 
A human on the other hand can't be predicted like that. A human could invent shit, commit suicide, play the guitar, ..

I don't think that's an absolute statement though. Even animal behavior is very complicated and most of the time not fully understood and at the same time you can predict the behavior of many humans pretty well. So hypothetical from an all intelligent entity there might not be a big difference between animal and human, there might just be more details to consider when predicting human behavior.

The interesting question is what does it mean that certain behavior is more predictable than others? Is little predictability a sign of intelligence, wisdom, consciousness, .. ? We speak very badly of people who are easily to predict. Bots is a funny new swear word and it describes exactly a person who is very predictable so we intuit that it's a "bad" thing.

So let's dive deep into what makes for predictability.
If an object is very simple it's easily predictable.
A rock is as predictable as it gets.
A flower is more astronomically more complicated than a rock but still easily to predict.
A bear is astronomically more complicated than a flower but still relatively predictable if you dive deep into studying a bear.
A human is astronomically more complicated than a bear and pretty hard to predict, definitely not with certainty.

So it seems with primitivity and simpleness comes predictability.

A human is much easier to predict when strong emotions are at play. (Rationality is informed by emotions).

What seems very hard to predict is when humans/ other evolved sentient beings act out of intuition.
What is also pretty unpredictable is when humans act out of selfness motives.

Selfishness makes predictability. And selfishness also seems to be rather primitive.
Intuition is a complicated one. Its a form of intelligence but does it have different traits then reason for example?

Is intuition a trait of of high intelligence?
Does high intelligence has to be selfless?

There is somehing about even the most ordinary objects in reality that is a bit "fishy" if you put close attention to it. Like that they are certainly yet hiddenly connected to something greater/ something epic. 

IMG_4466.jpeg

On cannabis this bottle which I hold in close distant seems bigger then sober.

Cannabis is a psychedelic.

Psychedelics increase consciousness.

If consciousness rises the conceptual understanding (things) lowers and direct experience is more in focus.

Conceptual understanding -> the bottle in front of me is small

Direct experience -> the bottle in front of me is big

In the scientific world quantum physics is the best proven theory of the world that we have..