Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Topspin715

Ego Development theory - Construct Aware to Unitive Stages

4 posts in this topic

I am more familiar with Spiral Dynamics, but I have been trying to figure out the ego development model as it is a fairly close parallel.

I think about 2.5 years ago I entered the ego construct aware stage and that has mostly run its course.  My socialized identity and so much of my egoic and emotional conditioning has kind of fallen away, but I still don't feel that I relate to descriptions of the unitive stage.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to think about this or what to do?  It feels like I've been stable for half a year now and I'm still evolving a bit but it has greatly slowed.  Occasionally some ego trigger or emotion will come up, but I am at a point where I can more or less address most of them quickly and then they fall away. 

8 hours ago, QQQ said:

The question that remains for me is whether others exist ‘separate’ from myself within my existence; or am I truly alone.

Solipsism is a perspective that many spiritual seekers seem to adopt, especially on this forum.  It seems like a dangerous trap or black hole to me but very alluring because it is logically consistent but self-referential.  I can assure you that I am experiencing a separate consciousness from you from my home.  Everything in the universe is connected and interconnected on many levels.  But I am an independently conscious being from you and anybody else on this forum.  I guess that doesn't preclude determinism being real though and there being a lack of free will.

I can't prove that you are a separate consciousness from me but if you say you are then I have no reason to believe you are merely a non-sentient holographic projection.

1 hour ago, QQQ said:

That's why my personal stance at this time is epistemological solipsism when referring to these matters.

Understandable, but for what it is worth there are "others" who have realized the sameness of themselves in all beings. It makes no sense to the solipsist, but maybe it will happen for you. Even within the dream, the indivisibility of the underlying Player can be realized, despite the apparent form that it inhabits.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Solipsism is real, but we always fall into confusion: that i, the person who believes he is the center of the experience, am alone. this person is a special effect, not real. what is real is the experience and this imaginary person is inside it, just like all the other people. only experience is, and you are that. and here the incomprehensible confusion returns again: then, are the others another experience? etc.

Edited by Breakingthewall