Cocolove

Life purpose for self v. others

2 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about something and am wondering what you think.

Here is what I'm thinking might be the case, whatever it is that your life purpose is, or whatever it is you want to bring to others specifically, you need to achieve for yourself first or at least you need to be working on it and have good progress and feel the benefits of this.

My life purpose is to grow and cook healthy food in a way thats good for people and the planet.

I find myself much more motivated to work on my health and enjoyment of the environment currently, the idea of having my own land in nature and living a healthy lifestyle growing my own food is currently much more motivating than the idea of selling food, which I still really want to do.

So, do you think it is important for me to work on achieving healthy and living in nature for myself, then I will be more fulfilled and be better equipped to bring it to others? Obviously there are a lot of financial practical obstacles, but I am wondering about the general principle.

THanks!

Cool life purpose!

I think you've got it exactly right. I personally feel much more empowered to pursue my life purpose now that I have had some personal and economic succes in my domain of mastery. I now feel more freedom to start pursuing my life purpose.

In your case though, it does seem to make sense to do a bit of both at the same time, but you probably want to focus on your personal success in this domain now, and then slowly shift your focus more towards impacting society over the years. They are entangled though.

Edited by Rob06