Tristan Clemons

UNDERSTANDING TRUMPISM

8 posts in this topic

This is my first engagement on this forum because Leo's blog posts about MAGA mirror what I have been thinking for the longest time. It truly baffles me the amount of insanity on the right to the point where I cannot even indulge a little in their world view without feeling like I am losing my fucking mind. These people are cosmically ignorant and it almost makes me feel like I myself am losing touch with reality surrounded by such lunacy. It not only incredibly frustrating but terrifying and I feel like I am screaming underwater about how off the rails they have gotten while all people seem to talk about online is how crazy 'the left has gotten' because of the trans panic BS. They constantly gaslight the left and project in an almost otherworldly way and I really want to see a deep dive into this insanity at a profound level. This video needs to happen, Leo. 

Edited by Tristan Clemons

Trumpism is vastly different from conservatism as stated in the video. Traditional conservatism sadly is becoming a thing of the past due to the oversaturation of this cult mentality. The post Trump America has polluted the entire movement. 

I view them as like a mixture of superstitious, sports fanatics, and afraid for their life. Consider the crowd of a Roman Circus.

Edited by Devin

Its a vastly interesting case study in human psychology. I've never seen anything like it. It's horrifying. 

4 minutes ago, Tristan Clemons said:

Its a vastly interesting case study in human psychology. I've never seen anything like it. It's horrifying. 

They've always been there, they just got a publicized leader. Their bark is worse than their bite, and most aren't much crazier than the average person. Don't group them all as the same.

Edited by Devin

Thank you for reminding me of that. I used to be a hardcore conspiracy nut, so I empathize. Sometimes its just nice to vent about it or laugh and move on. So much more practical things to focus on.

10 hours ago, Tristan Clemons said:

Thank you for reminding me of that. I used to be a hardcore conspiracy nut, so I empathize. Sometimes its just nice to vent about it or laugh and move on. So much more practical things to focus on.

Yeah, something about the insanity; a lot of them don't actually believe the same things, you'll hear clear contradictions in that camp from different people, they just don't argue with each other or denounce each other, like a sport's team's fanatics. They will surely implode and divide, infight, that's a big part of what they are.

The reason you see the large social media presence is that's their life, healthier people don't dedicate their lives to fighting trolls.

Edited by Devin