Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emptiness dancing

Imposter Syndrome = Being Happy

5 posts in this topic

I don't know how to phrase this question,( or statement) hmmm... I feel like a fraud when I'm experiencing extreme joy and ecstacy( ok I was on mushrooms ?), 

One, when I'm alone there this part of me that tells me ... It's like dude you don't deserve this

Second, I was like soberish happy and I can't even muster the courage to share my joy with others ( Im still stuck in my head) 

Is that my old conservative ego or am I trying to stay grounded? 

.. I don't know which part of the trip do I take back with me?? Life can't be this joyful??? 

Sorry for the silly question.. Maybe?

Have you ever in your life been shamed by other people for expressing joy?

Let Love In

It's difficult, initially, but you need to discover that thoughts are just... Thoughts. Don't take thoughts personally as if they actually mean anything about You. Discover what's true, here and now, where are these thoughts?

34 minutes ago, Lila9 said:

Have you ever in your life been shamed by other people for expressing joy?

Wow, your statement/question hits my heart like a sledgehammer  ?, 

I live in a very strict conservative environment so I don't know how often I suppress my feelings?

Trying to break out of my shell is quite an undertaking ?

Most of the time, I don't know whether my actions are brave or foolish?

17 minutes ago, emptiness dancing said:

I live in a very strict conservative environment so I don't know how often I suppress my feelings?

Oh that explains a lot. Conservatives usually have a lot shame and discomfort around expression of emotions. Emotions perceived as foolish, silly, distracting and embarrassing for such people. I think that this shame and discomfort was absorbed by you for years because you were growing up in a such environment.

I believe that for you it would be healthy to keep exploring your emotions, and yes, life can be this joyful :) 

Let yourself to feel it fully and enjoy it :)

I don't know about expressing this to other people around you, maybe try and see what their reaction would be?

Let Love In