StarStruck

Using death as motivation

3 posts in this topic

Transmuting fear to overcome challenges, amazing story.

Can death be compared to a candle in the dark that is dying?

Edited by StarStruck

Talked about this at length with my good friend D yesterday.

Death, and accepting that one is going to die soon or soon-ish, is a great tool to clarify what's important, to live and spend time more intentionally, and it works well against procrastination.

But the interpretation is still completely subjective and relative to values.

He used the "memento mori" when he was in a situation where he's dating a beautiful woman who really turns him on, but who has a stalker.

For him, he's going to die someday anyway, so with the very low risk that this stalker would actually hurt him, he decided he wants to experience this woman. He values turn-on, beauty and adventure.

For me, the same "memento mori" would make me do the opposite: I would quickly move away from the situation because I value deep healthy connection, and chances are that when there's a drama like that, both parties are at a comparable level of emotional maturity, which would get in the way of a healthy connection.

For some, knowing one is dying soon-ish would mean to work more and get more done.

For others, to work less and enjoy more.

Either way, it furthers intentionality, and that is beautiful.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Knowing everything is fading away, what is really important right to your heart right now? Do you want to go on retreat, volunteer, change your career? 

Do that and enjoy doing it, enjoy spending time with everyone around you dieng, because that's the only reality to where we are going; into the soil, so smile or cry going in - that's the only choice you have really

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me