WaterDroplet--00

Anxiety About Health - Advise for Higher Quality Narratives

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some higher quality perspectives on a small range of different topics which I have recently not been able to make sense of or cope with in a healthy way.  

Recently I have started investing large amounts of recourses, time, and energy into my long term health which was prompted by a very insightful LSD trip as well as the wake up call from hitting a deep low for my health, (developing a feeding disorder and loosing a lot of weight off my already very skinny body). Anyhow, in conjunction with these efforts I have also been feeling increasingly anxious about disease and illness, obsessing over my heart burn, stool states, urine and more. Fear around cancer developing, or heart issues, or other diseases have been rapidly taking over my day-to-day thinking/focus. 

Now, although this may seem like a purely irrational issue with OCD or overthinking as I am a relatively healthy 20 year old and the likelihood of me developing these things is very low, I actually need advice/perspective insights with a different but adjacent set of topics. These topics are what has caused much of the paranoia. The reporting of worldwide excess deaths (including in younger age groups), sharp incline of cancer developing in young people and same with heart issues like myocarditis and pericarditis. Now I know that there is a tendency to tie up mRNA  vaccines as an explanation for all this and I am not saying that it doesn't have anything to do with it but I also can see the simplistic tendency to conflate the two out of lack of consideration for the range of possibilities and lazy reasoning. 

I would like to also make abundantly clear that I am not wanting this to be some stupid anti-vax discussion, although I think members of this forum are a little more concerned with wholistic understandings anyway but just making it clear regardless. 

The specific things that I would love to get some help with are as follows:

(1) what is a clear way/direction to go about developing my worldview narrative to avoid falling into the pessimistic trap of disease and vaccine related conspiracy theories. Like, for those aware of the excess deaths/illnesses rising globally how do you conceptualise that or understand from a higher perspective other than the low grade anti-vax narrative which I have heard way to much of?   

(2) I would love if people could link the highest quality information on mRNA tech because I want to be optimistic about it but also understand it as deeply as possible. I have already done this to some extent during a University Unit I completed to do with Bioethics and genetic therapies (+) so I can see the benefit of refocusing on deeper understanding with better perspectives to eradicate anxiety. 

(3) Also please for the love of god if anyone has seen the stupid 'Died Suddenly' documentary style movie thing please what are those long stringy white fibres in peoples veins after they die I had a panic attack and vomited on my floor because of a fear & panic response. 

I am aware that this might be a little bit of a low quality problem for the caliber of this forum but I am really suffering and am very willing to take advice for improving my understanding/perspective as well as researching to improve my life/health narrative. The specific question at the end I realise might be irrelevant to that end but I cannot get the images out of my mind and I need an answer (if anyone smart has one) to ease that anxiety. 

Thankyou for anyone willing to offer their perspectives/advise!

Side note: Not sure if this is the most appropriate thread but it was kind of in between a few so I just put here.