PureExp

There Is Something Extraordinary Happening In The World

6 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PureExp said:

There Is Something Extraordinary Happening In The World

@PureExp ,I was just thinking about this last night, and you've beat me to the punch with your post.

There is indeed a very palpable and extraordinary paradigm shift happening on so many fronts.  And this forum of like-minded souls is part of the leading edge of humankind's revolutionary phenomenon.

The Singularity is indeed coming, but perhaps not just in the traditional technological sense.

singularity-mind.jpg

Edited by jse

Sometimes I like to believe this is happening, but then it always comes back to my awareness.  The more aware I am of spirituality, the more aware I am of people being aware of it too.  As if it has always been that way (the article) but I've just never noticed it and now that I do I notice it, I believe more and more people are becoming aware of it too...when they're not.  I hope I'm wrong though.

Example:  You buy a new car (Volkswagon Golf for instance).  Then suddenly you see an increase in people driving the same type of car.  You never took much notice to this before, but now that you have one of your own you are more aware of other similar cars and it seems everyone has one.

@jse  Yes, and IMO internet is a big enabler. Its the net that connects us all. This has never happened in human history.

If it continues at this rate, it will twist the singularity thing into something much more complex.(If it happens).

@Evilwave Heddy Yes, subjective reasons are valid reasons. It happened to me also, when I started seeking answers, I suddenly found that a lot of people are after the same stuff. May be its subjective, but the numbers have surely gone up, simply because human population has gone up considerably. (E.g. when compared to the population at the time of Buddha and others).

But...some people are trying to objectify it and check it for real. You will find reports and articles in various psychology journals if you search. One such brief report is here: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/scienceonreligion/2012/02/religious-and-mystical-experiences-common-among-americans/

From there, People with spiritual experiences in US in :

1962 - 22%

1976 - 31%

1994 - 33%

2006 - 47%

2012 - 49%

2016 - 84% (from here)

US is probably most(?) materialist culture on earth, imagine world figures. Note also the steep climb which coincides with start of internet age.

If you are wondering why sudden jump of 84% in 2016? Thats because its a different survey, so won't fit, but you get the idea. The interesting thing is there is a decline in religious stuff, and less and less people trust "organized and controlled truths" a good sign. :)

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

2 hours ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

You buy a new car (Volkswagon Golf for instance).  Then suddenly you see an increase in people driving the same type of car.

Confirmation Bias.   Hmmm... yes, it could be some cognitive bias at work.

But as the threads of materialism in Western culture begin to unravel, it just feels  like humankind is rejecting that for a more spiritual path.   And who knows... maybe roles will reverse in the future, and the East will look towards the West for spiritual guidance. :S

1 hour ago, jse said:

But as the threads of materialism in Western culture begin to unravel, it just feels  like humankind is rejecting that for a more spiritual path.

It's not unusual for people to become aware of 'truth' when under chronic or extreme stress or emotional pain. That when people often have moments of insight or awakenings. And as the cancer of modern materialistic, hedonic and competetive culture strengthens, people are suffering more and more stress and anxiety as a result. So it stands to reason that people are starting to 'see through' the bullshittery and seek an alternative path.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu