Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EugeneTheSage

Doing nothing meditation + siddhasana = combo

2 posts in this topic

On his channel, Leo had introduced a technique called "Doing nothing meditation". Basically you just sit and allow all your thoughts to be. You don't try to change them, to focus on something. You are allowing yourself to think about all sort of crap: in my case a lot of sexual fantasies, also I think a lot about interesting projects from my work, and so much stuff I'm embarrassed to write here about9_9. Usually, after 40mins of this meditation your mind starts to spontaneously enter the state of laser focus. First they are short but as monkey mind starts to get tired of itself the concentration spans start to be longer.

When I've tried to sit in siddhasana during this practicesiddhasana-benefits.jpg

(i was doing it without mudra i.e. no "okay" gesture, just putting my palms on the knees)

When I was doing this practice in siddhasana there wasn't such desire to think about all those previously interesting projects or fantasies - they are just not that interesting anymore. I also try not to move during a practice this also deepens it.

Sadhguru said that this pose reduced desire of food, water, sex while you are sitting in it.

After few days of doing it I feel that grip of compulsive behaviour had lessen. Although supplements I've started taking recently may have contributed to this. Try it and share your feeling.

@EugeneTheSage I would also recommend listening to binaural beats during meditation. It makes it a lot more pleasant. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie