Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiritjunkie

Quality Documentaries About Space And Life

28 posts in this topic

Cool thread. I'll try to update this when I find videos that are worth sharing. Would be great if we can get a library of links to some really high quality big think cinema!

Imagining 10 Dimensions

This is like the motherload of thought experiments! Rob Bryanton provides an imaginative thought experiment for imagining the dimensions before & beyond whatever dimension we are or aren't directly experiencing (the 4th or 5th according to this!) Fantastical theory or not, it's one hell of a thing to wrap your head around if that's what floats your boat!

Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds

This four part series may be a bit "out there" for some or touch alot upon religious concepts but it helps tie some really cool stuff together. Watch with scepticism! The first installment, "Akasha" is alot more abstract than the rest so if the first episode doesn't impress you, try skipping to the second before you give up!

Quantum Theory Documentary

You don't need to be a scientific genius to find this awesome. This is some serious food for thought, especially for those who love unravelling the riddles of "as above so below".

Edited by Binary Encoded Sunset

@DreamSpirit Read his autobiography if you haven't. (The sky is not the limit) You will see how much he really is connected to the nature.

@Spiritjunkie Just finished watching Samsara!  Wow...that was amazing...it touched on almost everything going on in the world today and then came full circle.  I was really intrigued by that.  How did you hear about that?

On 2016-02-15 at 0:23 PM, DreamSpirit said:

@Spiritjunkie Just finished watching Samsara!  Wow...that was amazing...it touched on almost everything going on in the world today and then came full circle.  I was really intrigued by that.  How did you hear about that?

I stumbled across it when searching for documentaries :)

On 2/12/2016 at 5:43 PM, Spiritjunkie said:

Hello,

Looking for quality documentaries that will make you think deep thoughts about life and space. 

These are the good ones that I have watched so far

Samsara  (must watch)
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
Through the Wormhole

Hey I highly recommend checking out Cosmos by Carl Sagan.(Which is what Cosmos: A spacetime Odyssey was taken from)  

Altough a bit dated, it is still really great. It's a 13 part series btw and can be found on Youtube. 

I literally cried at this scene of our evolution. (Still makes me teary eyed.)

• The Brain with David Eagleman

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Carl Sagans Cosmos is the GOAT documentary by far.

Also amazing:

Home

Planet ocean (the shots are incredible in both of these, especially liked the plankton. Alien as fuck)

- Almost anything BBC (Life story, Planet earth, Life, Human planet, The blue planet and Wonders of the Solar system especially)

- Our secret universe - the hidden life of the cell if you want to know more about our complex inner workings (fucking crazy)

- Into the universe with stephen hawking

- Journey to the edge of the universe

- Also liked inner worlds, outer worlds.

@Electron Yeah mate. They are both amazing and the visuals are done way better in the new one obviously, but the way Carl Sagan puts everything is top level. There's something about the age of it that makes the whole thing comfy as fuck, I like watching it before I sleep.

That's incredible too if you haven't seen it

Edited by JimmySmalls

Coming out this year 2016, Samadhi,   from the makers of Inner Worlds Outer Worlds, I believe the theme this time is the Self and the No Self

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."