StarStruck

Windows 11?

7 posts in this topic

I am, but you gotta do some modifications to make it bearable.

1 hour ago, Asayake said:

I am, but you gotta do some modifications to make it bearable.

like what

45 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

like what

There are a bunch of settings that they changed in Windows 11 from the default windows style layout. For example this: 

But also a few more things like this that you'll need to fix/follow tutorials on if you want more of the classic windows layout & menus and not have your Windows 11 look like an Apple device. As you can see in the video he also has his taskbar icons in the center bottom of the screen. That's another thing where it comes like that by default where as previous Windows versions would have the taskbar icons to the left. There are more of these things you'll have to change if you want it to navigate more like a classic Windows computer. I can't recall them all because it was a few months since I got Windows 11 now. But most things are changeable so whenever u run into something where ur like wtf is this u can usually just youtube or google how to revert that to a more default Windows variation.

Edited by Asayake

@Asayake I loved the live tiles in the start menu, those are gone forever :S

In general I like the start menu of windows 10 way more. Windows 11 start menu feels gimmicky.

Windows is trying to imitate iOS apple but it just not working out.

17 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Asayake I loved the live tiles in the start menu, those are gone forever :S

In general I like the start menu of windows 10 way more. Windows 11 start menu feels gimmicky.

Windows is trying to imitate iOS apple but it just not working out.

Yeah that sucks if you liked those. I was never that into the live titles myself so I didn't care much for them being gone. But there were several other features where I had to mess around in the registry editor and do a couple of workaround to keep sane for sure..

5 minutes ago, Asayake said:

Yeah that sucks if you liked those. I was never that into the live titles myself so I didn't care much for them being gone. But there were several other features where I had to mess around in the registry editor and do a couple of workaround to keep sane for sure..

The worst of all: you can't ungroup programs in the task bar anymore. They are forcefully grouped together. In windows 10 we had the option to ungroup. This really needs to be fixed.