ryandesreu

What is The Self?

22 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no entity with any shape or form. There is only an empty space between your eyes.

Self is not a thought, this entire room you are seeing is Self. Don't go chasing some magical, imaginary self. Look at the whole room and recognize it as Self.

Self is just your entire visual field.

There is a thought that wonders why the room (or anything) is recognized as Self.

There is a thought that says that the visual field is simply experience and there is no "you" experiencing it. 

There is a peaceful moment of no thought.

There is a former Jeopardy contestant participating in the free market of meth hits for hand jobs. (is hand job one word or two?) (what is two?) (correct!)

Edited by ryandesreu
unnecessary double

"Self"  is nothing different than all the other countless names given to That (i.e., God, Brahman,Tao, Consciousness, Awareness etc.etc.). It's no different from Buddhist No-Self either. There is all this argument between Self and No- Self, when they actually refer to the same Reality. No-Self realization in Buddhism is called Nirvana. Again, Nirvana is yet just another name. It is the same realization of that reality as all the other spiritual traditions.
What is to be experientially realized is that there is only  this One, timeless, boundless, pervading reality  and nothing else. Regardless of whatever name is given to it. The only "danger" in using "Self" (capital S), or "I" is for those who have not yet realized the utter non-existence of an individual self/person/ego which arises from the deep-rooted thought-feeling "I am this body". This idea and/or thought-feeling, that the body (insentient matter), and mind (thoughts and tendencies)  are the one  conscious-aware existence reality, is the root cause of the "apparently" existing "person" "ego" or "self" i,e., (small s).  When fully seen through, the indescribable is experienced and realized to be what has always been, but "veiled", as it were, by ignorance of the real nature or state of things.
Although there are no "things" lol. xD

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard