Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EugeneTheSage

Severe concentration issues

1 post in this topic

I've learned Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya - a very powerful practice by Sadhguru. And one part of a practice includes saying AUM mantra sound 21 time. You need to do this exactly 21 time, or at least not least. Usually I'm able to keep count maximum 3 times before I get distracted - it is extremely shameful. I tried recording the meditation and counted the amount of mantras I've pronounced - I usually do it for 50times (because I try be biased towards the smaller count after my attention returns after distraction). Every stage of the practice takes me twice as long than it was intended. Instead of 30 min practice, I have a 1hr practice - I can't afford so much time with my tight working schedule.

I burnout very easily. My collegues don't believe that I feel burned out after 2 weeks of working without a weekend. But I am. Probably I'll lose my job. 

Andrew Carnegie was able to hold concentration for 5mins on a thing and because of that he was the richest man on the beginning of the 20th century. I am able to hold concentration only for a few seconds and hence I am really struggling at work.

I've had a period when I was eating 3 pizzas per day, playing videogames the whole day which lasted for 1 year, and the 2-year period (during which I was sliding between healthy and unhealthy lifestyles) of working on low-grade jobs like mcdonalds, construction site. I've once had a crazy (literally) collegue because of who I was boiling from anger 24/7 for 2 weeks and totally exhausted my nervous system.

Generally my health is very weak, I was able to improve it a bit for a 6months of doing yoga and most of the time healthy diet.

I've recently bought gingko biloba, bacopa and omega 3 (I plan to take a lot of them) are on their way to me

What do you think can help in my case?