Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

I want to talk to people who is working nightshift here

3 posts in this topic

So i already passed and signed my job offer as a call center agent, my worry is i will become not active in a day time. It will change my sleeping patterns. How you were able manage it? If for example if your activity is in the morning. How you were able to adapt if the time comes that you need to sleep early and do something important the next day. Can you understand where i am coming from? There will be a point in my life that i am no longer need to work in a call center and i need to really meet people in a day time ad i am worried that will affect my performance in dealing with people and possible work in the future. 

What do you think? 

Edited by John Iverson

I work at the European border, So I work night shifts as well as ''Dayshifts"? It can be exhausting, I've never gotten use to it. I haven't asked others but I seem to be under sleeping and then oversleeping because of that, both are unhealthy sleeping patterns. there's also evidence that people who work nights shifts (as well as day shifts) have a lower life expectancy. Don't let that scare you though, but also don't stay in it for years. Office jobs are largely overrated, I wouldn't put them above any other job types

If you can find a job that you starts and ends at the same time no matter what week day or month, that would be ideal. for example 9AM-5PM (American) or 7AM-3PM (European), because your body gets used to it easily, if you have to wake up around 7AM everyday, then you will. And if you do that you'll also be going to sleep at the same time everyday (which is key here), go talk to every sleep expert and their advice will always be: wake up and go to sleep at the same time everyday. our body hates variations, especially when it comes to sleep

Edited by MarkKol

42 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

I work at the European border, So I work night shifts as well as ''Dayshifts"? It can be exhausting, I've never gotten use to it. I haven't asked others but I seem to be under sleeping and then oversleeping because of that, both are unhealthy sleeping patterns. there's also evidence that people who work nights shifts (as well as day shifts) have a lower life expectancy. Don't let that scare you though, but also don't stay in it for years. Office jobs are largely overrated, I wouldn't put them above any other job types

If you can find a job that you starts and ends at the same time no matter what week day or month, that would be ideal. for example 9AM-5PM (American) or 7AM-3PM (European), because your body gets used to it easily, if you have to wake up around 7AM everyday, then you will. And if you do that you'll also be going to sleep at the same time everyday (which is key here), go talk to every sleep expert and their advice will always be: wake up and go to sleep at the same time everyday. our body hates variations, especially when it comes to sleep

Ohh nice it is very helpful it opened a new information to me. 

What can you say about working and you do not have yet a good sleep while you are at work? For example you are your way to change your sleeping pattern in to stable sleep like you said earlier the 9am you wake up then rest at the specific time. 

I am imagining things like there will be a time i will meet somebody because of my life purpose and doing it not yet stable my sleeping pattern i somehow want if i am going to do things i am in a right state. Not sleeepy, with complete focus, refreshed, and motivated. I want it to be perfect

Edited by John Iverson