Ariesleith

Start Preparing Now For New Years Resolutions

2 posts in this topic

It is high time to face the man in the mirror. It is high time. Time to make a new human being. Time to hear a new noise and see a new sight. Time to think a new thought with a new mind. Time to reach new heights with new legs.

Understanding that this is going to be a monumental task, that this is nothing other than the creation of a new human being, I will accordingly approach it with a heavy degree of humility and self skepticism. I have already tried hundreds perhaps a thousand times to do even simple relatively easy goals and have completely failed. Sometimes later I find I accomplished the goal, but that I did it unconsciously. I would like to accomplish my aims consciously and literally make a note of it. It is a thing that should be remembered, our  small victories. Because a big victory is nothing other than a conglomerate of many small victories. I would not only love but admire the ability to be awake even at night time. Let me become a watchman of the night! A good pessimist as I have defined it. A good pessimist is one who confronts themselves and the fact that they are a shadow of themselves: that they are not what they could be. Their future selves mock their current happiness. Their greater happiness can’t help but feel contempt for their smaller and vice versa. Archaic peoples knew this as a playful game, at least the ones who won it, but now we are without an enemy. The thing that is lacking is however not lacking in disavowal and demonization. Warfare as I know it does not exist today, however it is still demonized by my peers almost necessarily as I can’t imagine agreement on the topic of defense of suffering. Let us then commit warfare on ourselves!

Didn't read. 

But.. 

Oh,no, do whatever "it" is... now. 

Don't use new years or the abstract idea of an new years resolution as an excuse not to take action, or to delay action. 

Don't procrastinate.

The time to act is now, and after that, seize every following "now"/moment that follows.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today.