Wafflemuffins

Expected Meditative Sensations

7 posts in this topic

Can we start a Master Thread for the different sensations we'll experience when meditating. I started a few months ago and I've felt some pretty weird stuff going on. Not sure what's normal. Some times I feel my body "contorting". Sometimes it feels like excessively erect. Sometimes I see weird lights and shapes behind my eyelids, sometimes everything goes dark. I just chill with it and observe like Leo said, but it would be nice to have the veterans weigh in and let us beginners know.

Also, this is my first forum and post EVER. I tried searching to see if this was brought up, didn't find it. But that could be a total flub on my part. Don't lynch me!

If you like reading, here is a very detailed description in 5 parts !

In short, all kinds of things happen when you start unveiling consciousness out of layers and layers of ignorance. They are as unique and varied as people who are practicing, they come and go, and the bottom line is - ignore everything, go for the experiencer, not the experiences.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

17 hours ago, PureExp said:

If you like reading, here is a very detailed description in 5 parts !

In short, all kinds of things happen when you start unveiling consciousness out of layers and layers of ignorance. They are as unique and varied as people who are practicing, they come and go, and the bottom line is - ignore everything, go for the experiencer, not the experiences.

Thanks, I'll check it out. How long have you been meditating for consistently? 

Awesome post. I'm excited for you. 

IMO: Meditation will serve you best if you let go of everything that arises. When you notice these sensations, images behind the eye lids, etc, just keep returning your focus to your breathing, letting those things go. This is how you go deeper and deeper.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Wafflemuffins Never meditated consistently :P  on-off for 5-7 years. Perhaps the longest continuous period was 1 year. Since last year I switched to introspection (self-enquiry) or the path of knowledge. It had most profound effect for me personally. Perhaps we need both, meditation builds a good foundation for enquiry.

3 minutes ago, PureExp said:

@Wafflemuffins Never meditated consistently :P  on-off for 5-7 years. Perhaps the longest continuous period was 1 year. Since last year I switched to introspection (self-enquiry) or the path of knowledge. It had most profound effect for me personally. Perhaps we need both, meditation builds a good foundation for enquiry.

So much work, so little time :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, Wafflemuffins said:

So much work, so little time :ph34r:

True :D

Time is important. One day I sat down with Excel and estimated the total time I'm left with in this life for my practices (or whatever is your path). The results were shocking. Hardly any time left.

I made it into an online calculator, perhaps it will shock others from their sleep :D But don't worry, its just amusement, life is not so static.