Emrie

Thoughts on Vegetarianism?

2 posts in this topic

By which I mean just not eating meat, I was already not eating fish because of all the mercury, microplastics, and all the pollution in oceans, plus the carbon emissions of actually getting that wild fish here.

But I gave myself this challenge of being 100% vegetarian this week as well. Basically I'm only eating vegetables (no grain or potatoes or any really high-carb food) and I get my protein from eggs and protein powder (I do a lot of strength training at the gym and one of my goals is to build muscle). I'm honestly feeling really fine and not feeling like I'm missing protein or really hungry in any way.

The main reason for it is that I want to lower my carbon emissions and removing meat is an incredibly efficient way to do that. I mean I was already not emitting a lot (no car, not a lot of spending on technology and clothes and things, taking the train when I travel, eating organic only) but the meat, especially increased protein for muscle-building, was still one big area that I decided to cut off.

What are y'all's thoughts on vegetarianism?

I have been vegetarian for about 7 years... the past 3 I have eaten fish and eggs also to add to my protein intake. I don't really care for nor do i think eating red meat, pork or chicken is really necessary in modern times. There are plenty of cheaper more efficient alternatives now that you can choose. Personally I never really enjoyed pork chops or milk, so vegetarianism or Pescetarianism really goes well with my tastes and lifestyle.