Ethan1

Back to nature or more connected to technology?

2 posts in this topic

Back to nature or more connected to technology? Or integration of both to a degree.. 

What is nature? 

What is technology? 

If you had a choice.. Which would you choose : 

Back to nature or more connected to technology? Why? 

Technology :

AI, sex robots, Unreal engine 5, starlink, gigafactory, tesla

YouTube, IoT, Facebook, Twitter, yahoo, snap chat, tickertock, MySpace,  Google, machine learning, human augmentation, metaverse, surveillance systems, bioengineering etc.

Endless scrolling, personalized algorithms, 5g cellular networks,  personality/identity mapping, big data, geo tracking, cloud computing, fiber optics, geomapping, LIDAR, A/B split testing etc. 

Amazon, Walmart, Sam's club, Costco, Target, concrete jungles, etc

McD, burger King, KFC, Starbucks, etc

DJI Drones, dynamic supply chains, factories, 

Fast food, bars, clubs, gmo foods, "natural" flavors, etc

Smart Phones, Smart watches, smart fridges, smart Television, irobot vacuum cleaners, robots, self checkout, self driving stuff

Video games, VR head sets, Destiny 2, runescape, secondlife, Call of duty, elders rolls online, Eve online, final fantasy online, neopets, battleon, gunz, guild wars 2, lord of the rings online, star wars the old republic, ad finitum... 

Or

Nature (neature) :

Trees, rocks, flowers, etc. 

Animals, squirrels, cats, rats, nats, bugs, insects, dogs, rabbits, deer, elk, birds, humans, ducks, ants, cows, bees, Misquitos, ticks, spiders, etc. 

Rivers, lakes, waterfalls, fish, seas, islands, streams, creeks.. Etc.

Farming, crops, etc. 

Mu-shrooms, etc. 

Mountains, hills, etc. 

Home grown food, etc. 

Hippies, local communities, etc. 

Edited by Ethan1

I'm more drawn towards being in nature but I also really love the utility of technology. My ideal situation would probably be living somewhere out in nature, but not too far from a town so that it's not hard to get food and whatever else I need. I would also have my laptop and phone and anything else for the sake of doing my work, but I would try to stay away from distracting things like video games, entertainment, social media (other than for work) and things like that.

Technology can be really helpful for doing inner work because it makes it so much easier to write down and organize insights, it gives you access to the internet which can allow you to learn so much, and you can use technology to save you time and make things easier so you can spend more time on what's important. I think its just important to not get carried away and not get sucked into all of the distractions of technology and modern society.

I would also love to be out in nature and away from people, as it is so much more peaceful and I think so much more conducive to doing inner work.

So in my opinion a balance of nature and technology is ideal.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji