Davekay

Meditating At Night

3 posts in this topic

I meditate on a night time just before bed then listen to non duality,spiritual stuff till I fall asleep.last night at some point there is awareness of some kind of swirling feeling that was sucking away what seemed like everything I knew about my self...this swirling got faster and faster and I can remember thinking that this was a good thing and what I'd been after for a few years now. But as this whatever it was kept going on it got so intense that I felt that I bottled it and couldn't surrender then I somehow made myself wake up..Does anyone think anything was actually shifting in me or was it just a dream.

@Davekay It's not "just" a dream. Dreams reflect your subconcious mind so those feelings are grounded somewhere in reality. Ask you self what it could possibly mean and if you can figure out what the deeper meaning is.

You have to find out yourself because it's completely subjective. It sounds like you are becoming aware of something.

Wow, i had something similar a few weeks ago. I was also in bed watching some videos on my laptop. At some point i fell asleep and woke up about an hour later. At first i just had this puzzled feeling you have sometimes right after waking up, where you don't know really what's going on. So i sat up straight and some seconds later this "swirling" feeling you speak of began. I began to feel less of my body and become more one with my environment.

It was a bit scary as i haven't experienced anything similar before so i shook myself and everything was normal again. In some kind it felt like i was experiencing the transition from waking state to sleeping state (into a lucid dream?), but that seems kinda weird as i was sitting straight up in my bed totally awake.

This all came totally suprising to me, otherwise i might have gotten further into that experience, without being scared too much.