Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chakra_7654321

Trapped

2 posts in this topic

Hey there, long story short....

I spent most of my 20's figuring out my Life Purpose... so I bounced back and forth in different subjects.

I have a lot of college credits in different topics (Accounting, Ana & Phy, Business, Computer Science)

After several years, I am going with computer science.. in specific , Software/Data Engineering 

I enjoy computer science topics, I enjoy taking the classes at a university, i also enjoy hearing the content in a different language.

Just finished up an internship in Data Engineering, and would love to learn more about the topic

The major problem......

To get my engineering degree (and to get a full time job, where I can take the income and invest it in my heart's purpose)  I have to take BIO part 2, Chem 1, and Physics 1. None of which has anything to do with the field I want to go in,

I am 100% done with the Computer Science curriculum...

I have a lot of resistance taking this, it's causing a lot of anxiety, frustration, and a lot of negative emotions (which can lead to negative manifestations)

These subjects have nothing to do with my degree and my concentration, so how can i go about this?

I would love to take this time, instead of learning BIO,CHM, PHY to learning more about the technologies my part time uses to get a job that starts off at 97k

Yeah.. this is Orange Spiral Dynamics thinking...

Any advice?

Instead of learning the material, I am more interested in learning about the cheating algorithms, than the actual contents of these subject that do not apply for my degree

It's like a Basketball player doing Cricket drills to get better at Basketball which makes zero sense

Thanks, drinking a little to reject the reality I am presented with right now

PS. No offense to anyone that needs to take BIO, CHEM or PHYS to actualize their life's purpose.

So it sounds like the only reason you want to get an engineering degree, is so you can make $97k+ a year, to fund doing what you actually love.

What is your heart's purpose? Can you find a way to monetize it?

Would you be willing to take a pay cut and only make $50k a year or $30k a year if it meant waking up happy and doing what you love every day?

If you took accounting, business, and econ then you know all about sunk cost fallacy. As well as opportunity cost.

What's the opportunity cost of staying in school for another year or two, versus starting to work toward your life purpose tomorrow?

If even your engineering degree doesn't ultimately get you closer to your final outcome and life purpose, then don't factor in the opportunity cost of all the courses you've done so far, the student debt, etc.

Realistically are you going to work a full time engineering job for the rest of your life anyway? Or are you just going to make $100k for a few years to earn enough to do what you're really after? Maybe there is a different, more direct path that you can take.