Edward95

Working For Someone Else Vs For Yourself

10 posts in this topic

I remember once Leo kinda mentioned that it is always better to be a small fish in a big ocean than big fish in a small ocean.

However, sometimes he also say we should start our own business instead of working for someone else in a 9 to 5 jobs, for freedom, independence, etc.

But if you are working for a big corporation, wouldn't this be a dilemma?

Thoughts? :)

Also, hypothetically speaking if you start a buissiness and it grows, at what point do you stop working for yourself and start working for the company you founded? 

Edited by Edward95

Passion --> hobby --> business.  Where passion is involved, there is no "work".

Stop when your passion or your body leaves you, whichever happens first.

There's nothing as rewarding (or challenging) as working for yourself, in my opinion.

Large corporations are generally NOT serving higher-consciousness values.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 2/11/2017 at 3:59 PM, Edward95 said:

I remember once Leo kinda mentioned that it is always better to be a small fish in a big ocean than big fish in a small ocean.

However, sometimes he also say we should start our own business instead of working for someone else in a 9 to 5 jobs, for freedom, independence, etc.

But if you are working for a big corporation, wouldn't this be a dilemma?

Thoughts? :)

Also, hypothetically speaking if you start a buissiness and it grows, at what point do you stop working for yourself and start working for the company you founded? 

I've done over a decade of each; big corporations, lots of traveling, etc, and owning a business.

What do you like, generally speaking, (not work specific)?

What do you want?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm struggling with the same issue. I really would like to become a "master" in a field, but if I become a business ceo, it just sounds like my focus and energy will be spread all over the place. A bunch of responsibilities and worries that keeps me from delivering my greatest art/gifts.

But I do have a romantic idea that I one day, after becoming a master at something, can use my infield experience to lead a company for a greater purpose. And then just focusing on leading.

@Jakob Eiring Consider spending time letting go of your concerns and focusing on the vision you want. I am a CEO of a large corporation, and my experience is nothing like what you express you are concerned about happening. Try to see through the illusion that your worry is accurate in describing reality. It's not, unless you stay focused on what you worry about. Everything will be like you think it will be. The question that matters is how do you think it will be? 

@Nahm Good point. I guess I subconsciously have built this hypothetical model of what being a CEO really involves.  

1 hour ago, Jakob Eiring said:

@Nahm Good point. I guess I subconsciously have built this hypothetical model of what being a CEO really involves.  

:)

I've read a lot about CEO's and what true leadership really is. What I find is, almost anyone can work hard. Lots of people can manage schedules, tasks and other people's schedules and tasks. Very few people can maintain their vision without slipping into thinking from someone else's perspective. Know that you know what you know, specifically when you see that someone you're talking to doesn't know what you know. They will sense they want to know what you know. They will follow you. 

And that in times where management is at its lowest.

Once promoted many of those so called leaders forget that they also serve a control function.

So many CEO are in jail right now because of simple greed

On 2/18/2017 at 2:58 PM, robertm said:

And that in times where management is at its lowest.

Once promoted many of those so called leaders forget that they also serve a control function.

So many CEO are in jail right now because of simple greed

An extremely small percentage of CEOs fit this bill. Just the ones on the news.