Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soul_Guy

Dr. Klein's Vegan Healing Diet

2 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried David Klein's vegan healing diet?

He wrote a book called Self Healing Colitis & Crohn's where he advocates for this diet, and there are these guys on YouTube called HighCarbHealth who are heavily influenced by this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Self-Healing-Colitis-Crohns-4th/dp/0971752656/ref=sr_1_3?crid=PDDM6LB5BWX9&keywords=self+healing+colitis&qid=1660361894&sprefix=self+healing+colit%2Caps%2C243&sr=8-3

The basic idea is to do a temporary "healing" diet consisting of mainly fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies, along with a few steamed vegetables and starches (sweet potatoes, squashes, etc.) - he says that since some people with Colitis and Crohn's cannot properly digest fiber they have trouble eating vegetables - but if they are juiced then it's fine. So in the "healing" phase, it's a lot of juices and smoothies - and once the gut is allowed to heal your body will better be able to digest fiber, and you can gradually add in more types of food.

Here's what a typical day might look like in the healing phase diet:

Morning juice (apples, celery, lettuce)

Breakfast - fruit smoothie (bananas are highly recommended)

Lunch - fruit smoothie

Before dinner juice (carrots, celery, cucumber, lettuce)

Dinner - steamed vegetables (carrots, sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, squash)

I'm thinking of trying out this diet to help heal my gut. Has anybody here tried it?

I'll probably try this out

Edited by at_anchor