heisenburger

Fear Of "following My Bliss"

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a situation that's causing me a lot of uncertainty I'd love some advice from anyone.

Im in my final year of high school.

Through the life purpose course what kept coming up is acting, the times in my life I've enjoyed the most I've been doing this. The problem is the advice from nearly everyone around me seems to be do not do this. I know everyone has fears, but it genuinely feels like if I follow my passion and pursue acting I could be in serious trouble. It's one of the hardest careers to finance takes a minimum of 9 years to be successful and that's working minimum wage jobs and long nights to finance it  I've never had to be independent before so to have to go straight to hussling etc seems overwhelming. 

I'm scared I'll chase this than completely fuck up my chance at a solid job by chasing a passion and not being able to support myself financially, than wasting all this time while everyone around me gets university degrees for stable jobs. There seems to be no answer anywhere for this people just say 'follow your passion', how do I do this while not messing things up?

You are infinite. You can never be done or complete. You can't 'mess it up'. It's impossble. Everything you do in experience that helps you know more of what you do want and what you don't want. Clearly you don't want a degree and job, you want to act. The topic you might want to focus on it perspective. Look into the perspective that is opposite from yours and it will 'open things up' a little for you.

9 years?

Look into how Bruce Willis and Matthew McConaughey got started. You'll be surprised.

If you need to work a 'job' while pursing acting, enjoy it. It's completely different than working a 'job' because you're pursing nothing. Think of that job, no matter what it is, as a teacher. Imagine removing everything material from that 'job' - the building, the products, the walls, the furniture. See that it's really about the people. Those people anywhere are just as good as any other people in terms of learning acting. The more you learn about people, I think the better actor you will be. 

One more thought, google and read what Hospice workers say are the most common things people say when they are dying. They sure as fuck don't say I wish I would have worked more. I hope when you reach that final stage in life, that you say -Fuck all, I'm an actor. I'm an actor. So say it now. Be it now. Say I'm an actor, and you are. 

I'm not a religious guy, but I can certainly appreciate wisdom. You know when Moses asked God what his name is, God said "I am". When sick people were healed by Jesus's presence, it's because he could only see their well being. He told them "tell no one". Because he knew as soon as they told someone, they would face disbelief and lose their own focus. Again, before 200 comments light this place up.....I'm not a fan of Dogma at all. Wisdom is everywhere. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

from what I have come to understand to be a successful actor you'll probably need to sell your body and by that I mean have sex with directors or producers for leading roles or higher opportunities but of course thats probably not always the case but who knows. I'd read up on other actors experiences to get a better understanding. Don't sell your self for fame if thats what you are seeking, don't be someones hor, but if you are a respectable person who just loves to act then why not, you don't have to go to a school to be a great actor, you just need that driving passion to practice alittle every day, maybe you could start with youtube videos while working or going to college.