The Mystical Man

The Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker

3 posts in this topic

In my opinion, Star Wars is one of the greatest stories ever told, and Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is one of the best fictional characters ever. Star Wars is psychologically relevant, mythologically powerful, emotionally impactful, philosophically fascinating, and yet endlessly entertaining. It's a great tragic story; it's instructive, but it's also fun.

This is my favorite tribute: 

VaderLuke.jpg

"Dramas of human error are of value because they serve as learning examples. Maturity often evolves through painful errors and mistakes and is therefore accompanied by rueful irony and satire, as well as comedy." - Dr. Hawkins

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

What I find so interesting is that Anakin Skywalker tried to do everything in his power to basically not become Darth Vader but this is what he became in the end. He thought it was his duty to save the world just by himself. He overestimated himself to control himself and his emotions. If he did the counter intuitive thing in accepting that he isn’t all powerful he would actually have been all powerful because he would have been in a position to deal with his emotions so you couldn’t control him. 

I remember my mom getting me and my cousin the Star Wars movies (1-6) and how we stayed up all night watching them in their entirety. The funny thing is that we didn't start with the original trilogy, but with the prequels, and so we got the raw experience of Anakin turning into Darth Vader. I'm still getting goosebumps thinking about it.

It's actually interesting how different generations got a different experience of Star Wars, depending on which trilogy they started with. Watching the prequels first would've ruined the plot twist of Darth Vader being Luke's father, though I already knew from playing Lego Star Wars. 

beep boop