Bujo

Sleep paralysis, night terrors and lucid dreams

2 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone,

I was hoping to hear from people who have experienced the phenomenon of sleep paralysis and accompanying nightmares during their awakening and the strategies they employed to confront this.

I have had some particularly traumatic dreams usually after ceremony or during the following integration phases. I have been listening to Hanuman mantra's (Ramaskandam) to help. I've also started exploring with incense resin, rapé and I'm doing yoga, saunas, cold plunge pools etc which has assisted in managing some of the negative entity attachment and associated energy.

I've started to look for deeper meaning from these dreams to decrypt them. As a brief summary I've had instances where I am being chased in a labyrinth and getting trapped between extremely narrow passage ways. Within these tight spaces I am unable to move with dark entities hunting me down. I'm left to defend myself with archaic weapons like saws and having to kill these entities in extremely graphic ways. I've been trapped in this scenario where time dilated like crazy and it felt like weeks/months then only being able to jolt myself awake screaming after some time.

My wife was extremely terrified by the sound I made coming out of it, as it was some kind of demonic howling. It really rattled me and it took about a week to recover from the trauma of this particular experience.

It has been about a month since that specific event and my existing coping mechanisms did assist however I have started to feel this energy creeping back in to a degree during my sleep, although it's presenting in a dissimilar way.

I want to front foot it this time so I would really appreciate any feedback from anyone who has had similar challenge's during thier awakening and any strategies utilized that assisted in managing it.

Thank you in advance.

Everything within your dreams is you, that means that you're quiet literally being chased by yourself. The question is: What are you running from? You could try to enter a state of lucidity and actually talk to one of these entities. You can ask questions like "What do you represent", "What do you need/want", "How could I improve our relationship". You can also try hugging them and showing them (aka yourself) love, which can be quiet poweful.

This could help, or they might keep trying to kill (which means that you've been denying this part of yourself so much that it refuses to open up at all now, which would require some further shadow work).

For better context watch this:

This video is great, because it illustrates what all the entities and people in your dreams are: Fragmented pieces of your own consciousness. Your goals is to close the gap between you and them through love.

Now, I do have PTSD, but I personally never had any nightmares, so I'm not sure how it'd affect you as it might end up retraumatizing you. Be careful. Lucid dreams can get real horrifying, especially when you're trying to confront your shadow, because your shadow doesn't usually just sit around peacefully with a smile on it's face. It might get real violent and agressive depending on how much unprocessed stuff you've got going on. It can be VERY overwhelming when you don't expect it.

So another thing you could do is to confront a therapist about these traumatic experiences which might be a safer route. The dreams aren't the problem, whatever it is that they touch within you is. Trauma tends to repeat itself and I think that a part of you is stuck in some past event and needs to learn how to move on. This can he difficult to do on your own, so doing it with a trained professional can be the better option. On the other hand, your trauma might have some spiritual roots in which case a therapist (usually) won't help. But I'd first try to exhaust the traditional methods before I move on to other territories.

beep boop