Stef

"thank You" - The Most Liberating Words

3 posts in this topic

I haven't checked if there's a video on this. I read about a simple exercise in a book on positive psychology.

You probably have past relationships where things ended in an ill manner. Maybe there were misunderstandings, maybe both of you were not comunicating well enough or were in a tough place in life. Maybe you still hold onto some grudges. Maybe you still have negative feelings towards your previous partner.

So what do you do? Let go. Don't even analyze the situation. Accept it for what it is and what it was. You can't turn back time. 

Write a letter/note/message to the person. Focus only on the positive qualities and emotional experiences you had with them. Thank them and be grateful about the good times you shared together. Be as honest and sincere as possible.

I guarantee you they will be surprised and react positively. And even if they don't - you feel like a massive weight is lifted off your shoulders. Like there is one less thing holding you back. That's how you move forward in life. By liberating.

Edited by Neuroticon

Thank you is my mantra :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com