ItsMeIA

Working On Limiting Beliefs Vs Starting A New Career

3 posts in this topic

I'm certain that people have encountered this dilemma before.

Let me start with some background:
Here in Israel, at the age of 18 we have to do military service of about 2.6 years. At first i tried to just hum along and go through it, but after about 3 months i had a strong intuition about my life purpose which is to go out of the military and form a successful metalcore/post hardcore band. Before i knew it i became a self development junkie and started a meditation habit and experimented with a lot of stuff. So as time went by i did all things necessary to get out of the army (pretending to have mental problems in front of professional psychiatrists and such) and finally after 4 months got out of there.

About a month and a half passed by and now some demons started to come out. Fears are starting to come up and it feels so hard and confusing. "Am i doing the right thing? Is this really what i am passionate about? ". After applying some self awareness i discovered that i have a self loving problem. Always looking for why i'm not functioning but in very suddle ways. In the end i managed to figure out that it boils to the limiting believe of "I am not enough".

On the other hand, there is this other thing. Some months ago i planned with my mentor (who's now in an army jail for not wanting to serve) exactly how i will achieve my short term goals of learning all the basics of music and music production. This involves How much I will earn in 8 month to afford the education and materiel stuff needed to produce music and what skill level i'll be at. All of the people around me are expecting that i'll do this progression on the outside while my intuition says "work on all your fears and problems, then learn what you need". In addition to all of this, my sense of purpose is not as strong as it used to be and i am doubt-full of my passions. 

One last important point is that ideas for awesome songs just come to my head at times and they don't stop. Sometimes at uncomfortable moments but i record or write them anyway. still happens to me even in these doubt full days.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How did you resolve this? I usually don't ask for suggestions like this but this is too critical of a decision to take lightly. 

Thanks in advance :)    

Idan

I can relate man. When I was graduating high school, car manufacturing jobs and military were expected because it is what had been repeated in my family. I am very fortunate because there was always something inside of me that was like, "Fuck that" on both accounts. The physical world runs on probability of what has been repeated, but the nonphysical - inner world thrives on newness and creation. You're smack dab in the middle. 

You've got to get thinking, and repeating, abundance. There is no shortage of money in the world. It is literally just being made up at this point. There's no gold standard anymore or anything life that. You can make money doing anything you want. You're issue is your perspective on that.

Think about this, if you spend your life making and playing music and you don't end up with a bunch of money, wouldn't you be happy? 

If you spend your life making a ton of money, but never developed your musical abilities, would you be happy?

These are just perspectives and you can pick any perspective you want.

You can say, I will spend my life making and playing music, and I will make a ton of money. 

It is your perspective that leads they way. Fears are useless and are nothing more than thoughts you keeping repeating.

Your perspective is leading you, even if you don't know it or make any use of it at all.

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2/10/2017 at 5:28 PM, Nahm said:

I can relate man. When I was graduating high school, car manufacturing jobs and military were expected because it is what had been repeated in my family. I am very fortunate because there was always something inside of me that was like, "Fuck that" on both accounts. The physical world runs on probability of what has been repeated, but the nonphysical - inner world thrives on newness and creation. You're smack dab in the middle. 

You've got to get thinking, and repeating, abundance. There is no shortage of money in the world. It is literally just being made up at this point. There's no gold standard anymore or anything life that. You can make money doing anything you want. You're issue is your perspective on that.

Think about this, if you spend your life making and playing music and you don't end up with a bunch of money, wouldn't you be happy? 

If you spend your life making a ton of money, but never developed your musical abilities, would you be happy?

These are just perspectives and you can pick any perspective you want.

You can say, I will spend my life making and playing music, and I will make a ton of money. 

It is your perspective that leads they way. Fears are useless and are nothing more than thoughts you keeping repeating.

Your perspective is leading you, even if you don't know it or make any use of it at all.

Thanks for replying man

I also have this feeling of "fuck that" with all the things my parents wanted me to do. Very important in commiting to the path of self actualization.

On any case, i didn't quite underatand how i'm "in the middle". Is it because i get "muse" but at the same time hold on to limiting beliefes?

And to answer your questions: this is not about the money, it's about my desire for people to recive the gift that i've been handed (That is not exlucive to music btw). My fear now is more like "how will i do personal development, have multiple businesses that contribute to the world and tour at the same time?"

Anyway i think i've got the answer i needed after thinking this through. Inner game first, then everything will resolve itself cuz the root has been treated.