Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jannes

What makes a movie taxing ? (concentration wise)

1 post in this topic

In the age of social media, Netflix, video games, etc. many people developed an incredible short concentration span. Most people recognize how bad it affects them and although I feel like most are addicted and wouldn’t be able to stop their consumption that easily I think there begins to be a nieche for consumption material which doesn’t have these negatives traits. Maybe I could create children movies or something like that that can be recommended by pedagogues for being better for children developement then regular movies. So I thought about what it is that kills our concentration so much. Irl there is also a lot of input, maybe even more but why doesn’t this affect our concentration? Maybe there is a psychologists in this forum who has a deeper understanding of this?

This is a very minimalistic episode but it is still entertaining. Idk if it is also available in Englisch though: 

Or in general late night shows for example I think are also lighter on your concentration because there are actually real people with normal movements. I heard that it also makes a huge difference if the camera moves and zooms in for example. If the camera is just steady all the time it’s a lot less taxing. This would also mean that films that switch scenes all the time are a lot more taxing then films that don’t. 

Do you have any good or bad examples of content that is really taxing or very untaxing when it comes to concentration? What do you think are the determining factors for why something is taxing or not taxing on the concentration?