Toimur H

The Meta-Meme

2 posts in this topic

Examples of memes: ideas, stories, ideologies, jokes, narratives, brands, identities, habits, practices.

Memetics in a nutshell - An evolutionary model of cultural transmission of information patterns from one individual that hosts it to another.

Memes don't care about whether an idea is true or false, good or bad, all that matters is if it gets spread or not, indiscriminately of what the information content is.

Such a interesting perspective. Memes are a living entity evolving and replicating. This is an eco system of memes.

I love practical tools:

For a particular meme "m":

F(m) = R(m) . A(m) . T(m) . E(m)

F - Fitness, how successful a meme is in its environment overall

R - Retention, how easy it is for a meme's contents to persist in a host

A - Assimilation, how easy it is for a meme's contents to be encoded in a host

T - Transmission, how easy it is for a meme to be transported through the available vectors

E - Expression, how easy it is for the meme to be communicated and propagated

Its a tool to evaluate and craft memes for effective replication. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?