Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Problems with our information ecology blog.

2 posts in this topic

This is the video from the blog:

After watching that video, I felt a bit off with the parts that covered the pandemic, like they have had 2-3 years of a gap, and while they get say what they want to say, pro to anti vax points, at the  end of it, I felt like what they're missing was the shear urgency to vaccinate against a very infectious virus that has a 50/50 chance of killing you through lung damage and heart failure, at a time in that 3-6 month period, where we really didn't know the full dangers of such a virus, and how truly dangerous it is getting it in your system. So to me, vaccination against it was non-negotiable, as I'm lucky enough to perceive it's danger. I don't know why they would beat around the bush, when it's clearly obvious to me the greater evil is the refusal to vaccinate at least once against this virus, especially at a time when we had little info to exactly how bad the virus is, the decision to make vaccines on it, and to get vaccinated, was a no brainer, at least to me. Am I wrong or am I missing something here, like due to information partiality we still have to make decisions, right?

The later parts I think and feel a bit better, covers information ecology and ways of misinformation. Again, to relate this to the pandemic, there was a bit misinformation from China it the start, the cover up, and a little bit from the USA side, with Trump down playing the potential danger of this virus.

What are your guys thoughts about this podcast?

Yes, they give way too much credence to anti-vax. They have an anti-mainstream angle a bit. Which is why I said it's not about the first 1/3rd.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.