OhHiMark

Becoming More Approachable?

4 posts in this topic

People tell me I'm a mix between Vin Diesel and The Rock with "evil eye brows" I'm 6'3", 215lbs and practically live in  the gym. 

After getting to know me people often mention I'm the opposite to what they think i'd be like, i.e I like to joke around, laugh and make a fool of myself.

However, before people know me I usually wear a mask which says "don't approach me" part is my face but another part is this image I feel I need to carry around with me.

In the gym someone came up to me and told me to smile, we're now friends but most of the time I feel this frustration at nothing in particular.

My Life is improving because of self-help, diet and meditation but I can't help but wear this mask as default. With the risk of going back to basics, some people just carry an inviting demina with a great friendly smile, I don't want to fake or force anything.

Is this more internal then external?

@OhHiMark you're still carrying the attitude of a people pleaser with you. you're always trying to attract or please "others" and this desire/discontentment entails tensions. this constant discomfort about yourself can be sensed by "others".

it sounds like you have a lot of work to do towards liberation from narcissism and pride.

i wish you the best.

unborn Truth

14 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@OhHiMark you're still carrying the attitude of a people pleaser with you. you're always trying to attract or please "others" and this desire/discontentment entails tensions. this constant discomfort about yourself can be sensed by "others".

it sounds like you have a lot of work to do towards liberation from narcissism and pride.

i wish you the best.

My best days are one's where my head is high and I'm actively looking people in the eye and feeling good regardless. I automatically revert to 'resting bitch face' as a baseline but I'm slowly changing.

Another reason is because I perceive people to think they're better than everyone else (the irony) and thus I won't give them the time of day. i.e my first partner loves attention from guys and so I no longer like giving attractive females attention.

It's funny how everything is intertwined.

I'm working on it, leaving my ego at the door, being happy being me. The more that my friends like and the me where I act like a fool.

P.s, a little body language wouldn't hurt. :)