StarStruck

AQAL versus Spiral Dynamics

10 posts in this topic

Didn't Wilber just copy Spiral Dynamics to add his own shit? He uses different colors but the stages almost correspond 1 on 1.

SD isn't the only psychological stage theory, but yes, he took inspiration from SD among other similar theories. He later collaborated with Beck to create SDi. He isn't the first to create a meta-theoretical synthesis of stage theories either (there he took inspiration from Robert Kegan). However, the way he did it is unique (4 Quadrants).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

SD isn't the only psychological stage theory, but yes, he took inspiration from SD among other similar theories. He later collaborated with Beck to create SDi. He isn't the first to create a meta-theoretical synthesis of stage theories either (there he took inspiration from Robert Kegan). However, the way he did it is unique (4 Quadrants).

Is it possible to break into 2nd tier while having holes in your lower tiers? I have still some toxic SP stage orange and weak stage blue.  But I feel like I broke into 2nd tier and other people are noticing it too. 

Edited by StarStruck

3 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Is it possible to break into 2nd tier while having holes in your lower tiers? I have still some toxic SP stage orange and weak stage blue.  But I feel like I broke into 2nd tier and other people are noticing it too. 

The way I view these models is that they display the order that each stage is unlocked, but that unlocking one stage doesn't mean you've explored the full extent of the other stages (or that your behavior at any moment is fully encapsulated by one stage). So in theory, what you're saying is possible, but also remember that misunderstanding the stages is very common (especially Tier 2). I'm not going to try to judge your stage, but how would you describe the aspects of yourself in Tier 2?

@Carl-Richard systems thinking: seeing patterns in everything and being able to connect it to the larger pattern. It is just a small taste of integral holistic thinking. I have too many gaps in the lower stages. 

10 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

systems thinking: seeing patterns in everything and being able to connect it to the larger pattern.

Do you have a specific example?

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you have a specific example?

I understand psychology at a very high level thanks to vision logic. 

6 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I understand psychology at a very high level thanks to vision logic. 

How does a systems understanding of psychology differ from a non-systems understanding?

43 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

How does a systems understanding of psychology differ from a non-systems understanding?

On which SP stage are you?

On 17.6.2022 at 2:17 PM, StarStruck said:

On which SP stage are you?

Green-ish.