Virtually

some great AI art (shape-shifting aspect)

7 posts in this topic

that's the most accurate visual representation of what comes to mind when I'm reminded that God is a shape-shifter.

now imagine if this video were made with smoothly changing styles of music.

Edited by Virtually

I find it so hard for my mind to comprehend this... visually.

So when it says "I asked AI to make this"... what does that specifically mean?  Like, does the person put in any computations or algorhythms or preferences etc.?  Or does he just say "music + video + images" (or something of the like) and the AI basically, out of its own ingenuity, come up with this whole goddamn thing?  If the latter is true.... holy shit.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23

I think it's more like the former, but the AI still has the ability to "fill in the gaps". plus they will probably update to the point where it's able to do precisely the thing you described

I imagine they made this by teaching the AI to move to a relatively adjacent image that's associated to the one it's fed, and repeating the process iteratively. and then maybe did some tricks to make the images line up with the music

for instance, if I feed you the image of a tulip, then the AI may shuffle some variables and decide that a rose is a similar image. then you can feed the image of the rose back into the AI. now the AI can make new free associations, and might decide to draw a hand around the rose. and then a person giving the rose to their beloved. you see where this goes.

4 hours ago, Virtually said:

. then you can feed the image of the rose back into the AI. now the AI can make new free associations, and might decide to draw a hand around the rose. and then a person giving the rose to their beloved. you see where this goes

Is this how all AI basically works; that being a more "basic" (compared to a biological mind) mechanism of linear associations?  Is the whole "hoopla" about AI that it can make these associations or decisions on its own, even if those associations and decisions are fairly simple?  As opposed to previous forms of computation which just ran on algorithms and codes that just told it what to do.  Such that the codes needed to get more and more complex in order to do more and more complex things.

@Matt23 well basically you feed lots of examples of patterns such as ABCD ABCE ABCF, so they go through lots of trial and error. then you can let it run on its own: it might learn to reproduce the pattern it was fed, but also invent new patterns, such as ABCY. they make "associations", but they do so in n-dimensional matrix containing numbers and weights

this is a rough explanation, I encourage you to look further into the topic

7 hours ago, Virtually said:

@Matt23 well basically you feed lots of examples of patterns such as ABCD ABCE ABCF, so they go through lots of trial and error. then you can let it run on its own: it might learn to reproduce the pattern it was fed, but also invent new patterns, such as ABCY. they make "associations", but they do so in n-dimensional matrix containing numbers and weights

this is a rough explanation, I encourage you to look further into the topic

Cheers.  

Ya, just wanted a general explanation as AI seems like a relevant topic going forward into the future.