Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Does an increase in US immigrants benefit Democrats or Republicans more?

2 posts in this topic

I believe that immigrants, especially those who are black or brown, generally vote more for Democrats and liberals than more for Republicans and conservatives. 

However, ever since 2016, it seems that there have been somewhat of a larger percentage of white and colored immigrants in America who have been voting more for Republicans. I am aware that one reason some immigrants will vote for Republicans or conservatives is because of how less educated and less cognitively developed those people are. Another reason is that some immigrants come from societies that have more primitive cultures.

My dad is worried that having more immigrants from 2nd or 3rd world countries like Mexico, Cuba, other Latin countries, Middle East, China, India, Africa, Eastern Europe, etc. might actually be making it more favorable for Republicans because most immigrants from these countries are already conservative and less educated people.

Does having more immigrants in America mean that the country will have more diverse voters who will tend to vote liberal and Democratic or does it actually mean that the country will have more low-educated voters who will tend to vote more conservative or Republican?

Yeah, that's right, when I think about it, 90% of the people I know who are European immigrants are right leaning in some way and some were openly in favor of Trump when I talked to them.