Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kray

Weird bowel movements *WARNING graphic*

6 posts in this topic

So I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and I'm used to having irregularities down there. But for some weird reason, I passed some mucus and I don't see why this happened. What I ate was: my fiber gummies in the morning (Metamucil), was on an empty stomach until 1:30 PM, and then I ate Poutine. After a while I drank a coffee, and went about three-four hours without eating. I then took an exam, three hour long final, and after I came back, I snacked on a few spicy Pringles, had two beers with my TGI Friday's meal which was hot wings and pretzels. Also drank a glass of water before leaving my room. Would this be enough to trigger my IBS?

Not sure if this helps, but it sound very similar to  something that happened to me Sunday.

I dont eat gluten, mostly from preference (I like how I feel when I dont eat it) so I hadn't had gluten in over a year an a half, until sunday, I made some oatmeal and sprinkled on some nuts that I did not realize until after, had gluten in them. 

I could feel it in my body within an hour, found myself constipated and all that was passing was mucus.  which was uncomfortable.

I noticed you had beer and pretzels, do you know if you have nay gluten intolerances?

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

2 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Not sure if this helps, but it sound very similar to  something that happened to me Sunday.

I dont eat gluten, mostly from preference (I like how I feel when I dont eat it) so I hadn't had gluten in over a year an a half, until sunday, I made some oatmeal and sprinkled on some nuts that I did not realize until after, had gluten in them. 

I could feel it in my body within an hour, found myself constipated and all that was passing was mucus.  which was uncomfortable.

I noticed you had beer and pretzels, do you know if you have nay gluten intolerances?

I have no idea, but definitely gotta look into that. 

Yeah, quite possible. Chillies can exacerbate flare ups ad well as high salt / high fat foods (wings/pringles)

And then alcohol is basically forbidden on low FODMAP diet (used to eradicate IBS) so that whole combination would have been enough to trigger local immune response

Still, if it happens too often I'd consider speaking to your MD for some further assessment

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Yeah, quite possible. Chillies can exacerbate flare ups ad well as high salt / high fat foods (wings/pringles)

And then alcohol is basically forbidden on low FODMAP diet (used to eradicate IBS) so that whole combination would have been enough to trigger local immune response

Still, if it happens too often I'd consider speaking to your MD for some further assessment

Can I still drink alcohol on occasion, or should I completely eradicate it from my diet? I get the worst effects when I drink beer and/or wine. Cocktails or seltzers don’t hit me hard, but it’s hit or miss for the most part.

@kray use your best judgement ^_^

General rule of alcohol is the less the better. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus