Jahmaine

Externism Vs Solipsism

2 posts in this topic

So I been looking around for an "opposite" to solipsism just to see other viewpoints and I found something called "Externism" I don't know if anyone has heard of it before, it's described as: 

"This epistemological theory contradicts the traditional theory of solipsism. While solipsists believe that only their individual self exists and the external world does not, Jára Cimrman confronted them with the idea that it is the external world which exists and the philosopher's individual self does not."

Has only got any thoughts on this? Could you entertain the idea and see how it could be true? Or is it a no-go?

Just an open question for conversation, not looking for the army of people saying "once you realise god/solipsism you will the know the real truth" 

Just a thought experiment, if you like. 

Could even ask, has anyone had an experience like that on psychedelics? 

What would it even mean for there to be no self but an external world? 

Is it a mixture of materialism and traditional spirituality in the context of "no self"? 

There's no such thing as an external world in the sense that the "external world" is constructed by the self within itself, so this externism philosophy could be viewed as logically consistent with solipsism.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.