Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rokazulu

Promoting A Healthy Immune System

4 posts in this topic

Hello.
Health? What is it? Is health found in pills or shots?
I have found that no. No, it isn't even close to that. That is a way for a corporation to sell you a thing.
If you had perfect health, you could save a whole lot of money and resources and rise to turquoise (possibly even coral) levels of magnitude.

1) Food
Health is not what you eat. Not in the slightest. It is more accurate to say: Disease is what you eat.
If you could survive as a light-being (no food) you would be perfectly healthy.
However, you will find that some foods contain more toxins than others.
Generally speaking, plant-based foods are healthier. And anything containing GMO's or pesticides will be less healthy.
Many countries, as an example, have banned ingredients that countries such as America, would rather keep FDA-approved so that they can make a profit.
If you have desire for a specific nutrient found in highly toxic foods (such as meat or dairy) do your best to find the plant-based alternative.

2) Exercise
When the human body moves around, blood will be able to flow more easily to where it needs to go. The brain will more easily produce the necessary chemicals to allow you feel good. A significant increase of heart-rate, in of itself, triggers the immune response (which allows the immune system to function properly). Stretching muscles relieves sores and pains and also further allows circulation. Intense heat or cold is actually quite healthy for the body. Sweat helps detoxify the system as well. But, never take exercise too far (unless you make money off of it or want to impress a friend.)

3) Meditation
Meditation, like a plant-based diet, is something doctors are more readily accepting as essential to a healthy immune system. Not only does it create reduced stress, improved memory, increased attention, enhanced will power, better sleep, less pain, lower blood pressure, less anxiety, less depression, and a greater compassion for others. But, you have a chance at unexcelled, and unsurpassed Enlightenment!
The key to linking health with meditation is how you are feeling in the moment. If you feel distressed, or as they say, dis-ease in your body— then you are paving a road for a distressed or dis-eased immune system. Do your best to transmute that energy through meditation. Ask your employer for a break, if needed, so you can meditate your stress away.

4) Breath
Rich clean oxygen is necessary for a healthier body. Unfortunately, our oxygen is not usually so clean. Yet, it is still better to breathe in oxygen than any other element as it is most conducive for the natural human physiology. Long deep rhythmic breathes are good to detoxify the system. Breathing through the nose while the throat is wide open so that it sounds very raspy. You can actually get high from doing this, but just a few of these breathing exercises a day is sufficient.
Remember, if you are in an enclosed area or your mouth is blocked by something— you may be ingesting too much C02 levels (carbon dioxide) which is not healthy for the body to do. You want as much oxygen as you can, unless you require the blockage to paint, to perform surgery, to spray chemicals on food, or because the air is filled with large amounts of immediate pollution anyways.

5) Trust God; Trust Yourself
Last (and probably the least), is to trust in God as you would yourself. This ties into meditation as it will relieve the nervous system from further stress. Paranoia, fear, worry, and anger (especially anger tied to new information that goes against current beliefs) will all lead to a very unhealthy lifestyle. So relax! You are in good hands.

Edited by Rokazulu

I just tried breathing with my mouth open and through the nose and it's a pretty dramatic difference.

I can feel my jaw is almost sore, and it makes me wonder if it's not natural to keep your mouth closed while breathing. I always thought having your mouth open was kinda weird, I bet as a kid my parents told me to close my mouth. 

I wonder if anyone else would experience the same thing. 

I've been searching for good breathing techniques recently so maybe this could be big.

Solid advice! 

I keep finding in my practice that just by saying "meditation" you will already lose some people due to deeply rooted misconceptions about the nature of the practice. Since then I've been using "stress relief techniques" and then trying to find out what is a realistic expectation for that particular person. But otherwise, if you can elaborate on each of this on 50 pages, you got a bestseller in the making ^_^ just gotta market it right and name it right 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

But otherwise, if you can elaborate on each of this on 50 pages, you got a bestseller in the making ^_^ just gotta market it right and name it right 

A very opulent suggestion. I believe I will do this exact thing.

Edited by Rokazulu